Advice on 65" tv suited to XBOX one X, £1400 max

craggy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've spent the last week going round in circles about a TV to improve my XBOX one X gaming experience and it is driving me mad. (currently have a 48" sony 1080p from around 2014 kdl-48w605b)

with little knowledge I started off wanting a Panasonic 58" EX700? that was £600, this then grew into a sony (kdx55xe8396) or Samsung (ue55mu7070) 55" models that were approx £800.00 as I figured they were better than that panasonic. now I have seen the sony 65" with a 1000 refresh rate? and because one of my sofa's is 4.6 metres from the TV I'm now upto thinking I need a 65" tv with good features that are suited to gaming.

This is madness and needs concluding tomorrow!, however I also like to feel like I'm getting good deal under some kind of sale/promotion :). any idea what is best suited to the 1000-1400 price range with 5yr warranty?

I have been looking at the below which I was very impressed with but the online reviews had me thinking I may be able to get better for my budget.

Sony BRAVIA KD 65XE8596 - 65" LED Smart TV - 4K UltraHD

any advice much appreciated.

Neil

Thanks the HDR thing was a concern as I didn't want to end up with a TV with shit HDR even though I don't fully understand how to tell good from bad. Just looking that set up now and can see its a better TV and only a little more from john lewis.

Its worth the extra if you are wanting HDR to look decent. You gain two essential HDR traits when going for that model rather than the XE85xx, local dimming and high peak brightness.

On lower end models HDR can make the picture look worse.

Hi,

Sorry one last question - would you consider £1469 with 6YR warranty a reasonable price for the XE9005?

thanks I've just picked it up :) :)

it was £1479 advertised from simply electricals.co.uk in a flash sale. so richer sounds in leeds price beat to £1459 with 6yr warranty. I was blown away by the 65XE8596 that i saw on a display which is the lesser model so this is going to be amazing when hooked up to my xbox one X!

thanks for the advice

thanks I've just picked it up :) :)

it was £1479 advertised from simply electricals.co.uk in a flash sale. so richer sounds in leeds price beat to £1459 with 6yr warranty. I was blown away by the 65XE8596 that i saw on a display which is the lesser model so this is going to be amazing when hooked up to my xbox one X!

thanks for the advice

I have seen both the XE85 and XE90 side by side and the XE90 really caught my eye with it's HDR performance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom