Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Advice on 3805 and 3910

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chriskenny, Aug 17, 2005.

1. chriskenny

chriskenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be grateful :lease:to all forum members if they could offer advice on where to purchase the above DVD and Amp? I am not necessarily after the cheapest just the best for service, aftercare etc.

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    It would have to be a Denon approved retailer to ensure you get full support, but I have no doubt you will pay a little more than at some of the mail order box shifters. Go to Denons home page and pick a retailer near you from their list. This way you can demo, collect (or arrange installation) and bring your item back to them should problems occur (saving postage). I much prefer doing business that way.

3. italianninja

italianninja
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted to buy these until i read that denon are bringing a new dvd and a new reciever out, AVR-4806 it more hdmi connections so you can connect dvd sky+ hd when it comes out and your tv all throught the reciever! and the dvd is DVD-5910. Look at http://www.audioholics.com for a full review!

4. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    The 4806 (A11XV) and 5910 (DVD A1XV) are already out in the UK/Europe. :)

There are other new Denon's due to appear though. They're the 3806 & 4306, both of which will have HDMI connections as well as Audyssey MultEQ XT. :smashin:

5. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I agree with The Cable Monkey 100%.

I bought my gear from Sevenoaks in Swiss Cottage. I had a few demo's discussions and some good advice. Thre things they did impressed me in particular, which you wouldn't get from the internet folks:

1. Although the amp and dvd player could have been bought a little cheaper elsewhere, they threw in some good quality interconnects for free and gave me a good deal on the speaker cable, meaning an overall saving.

2. I decided that i wanted to upgrade my centre speaker to a slightly better one and they gave a full credit for the original one after i had used it for a month.

3. They price-matched my Panny PV500 when i got a cheap quote from Tottenham Court Road.

I'm sure many other shops would be similar, but it's something to consider against the internet.

6. DeafPhil

DeafPhil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my AVC-A11XV from Sevenoaks in Solihull and they gave me £100 off and a 15m HDMI cable FOC.

I would recommend them anytime :thumbsup:

7. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,916
    The consensus on the advice was to use a reputable Denon dealer, not the internet. Although the guys in the for sale forum appear to be helpful and friendly they are neither dealers nor I suggest "the internet".

Ignoring advice from those "in the know" can only end in tears.......

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1921593&postcount=10

:rolleyes:

8. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Do you care to elaborate?

9. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,916
    Getting unanticipated repairs carried out under warranty is a difficult enough task without the added complication of dealing with transferred warranties. Denon have not shown that they have a flexible and caring customer service operation. Quite the contrary if some of the stories in here are to be believed. I was not casting aspersions on the reputation of any individual seller, rather pointing to the difficulties of warranty transfer. I should have made that clear!!