1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on 3805 and 3910

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chriskenny, Aug 17, 2005.

1. chriskenny

chriskenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be grateful :lease:to all forum members if they could offer advice on where to purchase the above DVD and Amp? I am not necessarily after the cheapest just the best for service, aftercare etc.

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    It would have to be a Denon approved retailer to ensure you get full support, but I have no doubt you will pay a little more than at some of the mail order box shifters. Go to Denons home page and pick a retailer near you from their list. This way you can demo, collect (or arrange installation) and bring your item back to them should problems occur (saving postage). I much prefer doing business that way.

3. italianninja

italianninja
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted to buy these until i read that denon are bringing a new dvd and a new reciever out, AVR-4806 it more hdmi connections so you can connect dvd sky+ hd when it comes out and your tv all throught the reciever! and the dvd is DVD-5910. Look at http://www.audioholics.com for a full review!

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    The 4806 (A11XV) and 5910 (DVD A1XV) are already out in the UK/Europe. :)

There are other new Denon's due to appear though. They're the 3806 & 4306, both of which will have HDMI connections as well as Audyssey MultEQ XT. :smashin:

5. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    I agree with The Cable Monkey 100%.

I bought my gear from Sevenoaks in Swiss Cottage. I had a few demo's discussions and some good advice. Thre things they did impressed me in particular, which you wouldn't get from the internet folks:

1. Although the amp and dvd player could have been bought a little cheaper elsewhere, they threw in some good quality interconnects for free and gave me a good deal on the speaker cable, meaning an overall saving.

2. I decided that i wanted to upgrade my centre speaker to a slightly better one and they gave a full credit for the original one after i had used it for a month.

3. They price-matched my Panny PV500 when i got a cheap quote from Tottenham Court Road.

I'm sure many other shops would be similar, but it's something to consider against the internet.

6. DeafPhil

DeafPhil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my AVC-A11XV from Sevenoaks in Solihull and they gave me £100 off and a 15m HDMI cable FOC.

I would recommend them anytime :thumbsup:

7. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,889
    The consensus on the advice was to use a reputable Denon dealer, not the internet. Although the guys in the for sale forum appear to be helpful and friendly they are neither dealers nor I suggest "the internet".

Ignoring advice from those "in the know" can only end in tears.......

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1921593&postcount=10

:rolleyes:

8. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Do you care to elaborate?

9. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,889
    Getting unanticipated repairs carried out under warranty is a difficult enough task without the added complication of dealing with transferred warranties. Denon have not shown that they have a flexible and caring customer service operation. Quite the contrary if some of the stories in here are to be believed. I was not casting aspersions on the reputation of any individual seller, rather pointing to the difficulties of warranty transfer. I should have made that clear!!