Advice on 32" LCDs for under £1000

M

m0nkeymafia

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 32" LCD TV and need a bit of advice on what to go for. Whatever I buy, has to last a while, so I need something thats as future proof as possible. My main use of the TV will be for DVDs and console (Gamecube), but will also have a freeview box connected to it. I was considering the Video7 (V7LTV32D), but after reading some reviews on this forum and others I'm not too sure. My budget is a maximum of £1000, any suggestions of models to take a look at?

Cheers
Daniel

The problem is that low res freeview & non progressive scan video game pictures generally look awful on LCD's. If youre planning to get High Def Sky plus an X-Box 360 / PS3 then go for it as a CRT wont cope with these. If not I would get a nice flat screen CRT ?

:D

At the moment, I only have a 14" portable for the consoles, and watch DVDs on my Hyundai Q17 via the computer, so I'm bound to be easily impressed! I was considering a CRT, but to be honest the size put me off.

Would the gamecube really look that bad using the component input?

The gamecube looks generally good on component prog scan, but probably wont look as good as your 14 inch screen. Afterall you are upsizing by a large ammount. I would recommend the new samsung, which has a thread a bit firther down the page, or if you want to wait there are loads of new HD sets coming out soon. I think LG are launching their new ones soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom