Advice on 30ft cable and general setup

W

willk

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advice on my current setup. I'm running a projector to a large screen, and the distance between my projector and appliances is approximately 30ft.

My Appliances:
Foxtel Satellite Digital Set Top Box (Scart out)
Pioneer DVD Player (S-Video and RGB Component out)
JVC VCR (S-Video and RCA out)
Pioneer VSX D710S Receiver (this unfortunately does not convert signals, so whatever goes in is what it must go out as, at this time I'm using S-Video, it also has RGB Component and RCA)
NEC LT260 Projector (S-Video, RCA and 15pin RGB in)

My Setup:
Set Top Box: RCA via Scart to VCR
DVD Player: S-Video to Receiver
VCR: S-Video to Receiver
Receiver: S-Video to Projector

At the moment I'm getting interference in the form of waves generally going towards to the top left hand corner of the screen. This appears to happen regardless of which appliance is playing, so I think it is the 30ft S-Video cable. I've also created my own S-Video cable from a Cat5 cable to see if that made any difference, but the waves were identical as far as I could tell.

If anyone could shed some light on what I should do here (before I go out and buy some better quality S-Video cables) that would be fantastic. I don't want to replace existing equipment if I can help it. Is there a way to convert something to the 15pin RGB in on the projector as I'm assuming that would be the best quality? Or do I need some kind of appliance to increase signal strength?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
- Will

where is the best place to get a 10m svideo cable?

will

One quick question - are the source and display (projector) devices all powered from the same mains socket or circuit.

Its not impossible to have a ceiling mounted projector on a different circuit and get mains problems.

Best regards

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your suggestion. All the appliances are through the same circuit.

Thanks,
- Will

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom