1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on 28" TV purchase please

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tyke, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Tyke

Tyke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to the forums so hello folks :p

Ok am looking to buy, probably from an ebay supplier due to limited budget. Obviously there are a massive number of widescreen 28" boxes out there, but I would rather like to avoid the "lemon" TV's out there.

Have seen various deals on the likes of LG, Sharp and a few others, but would appreciate some suggestions from you folks "in the know" so to speak.

Would like to get a TV, DVD and VCR package as I am retiring my old kit to one of my sons.

I am NOT a hi-fi buff, but do enjoy films and have Cable Digi service. Looking for good clear picture, reasonable sound and to top it all a budget pricetag.

Lot to ask I know, but your advice would be appreciated (btw probably would have problems accomodating anything > 28" set)

Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of budget are you setting aside?

3. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  4. Tyke

Tyke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Budget probably in the £4-500 area at the moment.

Buying through Ebay is no big hassle, I just need to identify what 28" widescreen 16:9 ones I should look out for and what to avoid like the plague.

Cheers