• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice on 24inch tv

CJSIMPSON

I am currently considering covnerting my conservatory into a proper room as we dont use it much and I would like a 24inch tv as the 26 is a bit big and 22 too small i feel.

Can anyone help me with a good tv, the room is about 3m x 3.5m, the room will be quite bright as it will have a window, patio doors and a roof window.

Thanks

CJSIMPSON

Looks likeRicher Sounds are down to the last few so it may be time for a rethink.

My room is a small extension off the dining/kitchen and as stated in previous post not very large so would a 22/23 be good enough and if so can anyone recommend one.

I have been looking at this - LG M237WD 23" Widescreen LCD Freeview TV/Monitor Full HD 1920x1080 20,000:1 300cd/m2 5ms HDMI/VGA/DVI 3 Year Warranty - Black with Red Bezel - Ebuyer

23inch hd?

Any other recommendations as i would like something good in there as it will be used a lot soon.

CJSIMPSON

Right I need to get a resolution to this, I have done lots of research (as bet you can with small screen tvs) and I have narrowed it down to a few sets:

Samsung P2470HD £270- This seems to fit the bill (24inch, not sure about sound or quality)

Samsung LE22450B £200ISH- A buit smaller but is this newer/better?

LG M237WD £200 - A bit larger than the 22inch but never seen an LG going

Samsung SM2333HD £200

Can anyone advise which would be the best set for a small but bright room for TV and some gaming?

Also after this i need a 19inch for the kitchen (might just get a 22)

Noli

Novice Member
Hi there. I too have the same dilemma as you. Want full HD so have narrowed it down to the Samsung P2470HD or the LG M237WD. For bedroom tv mainly but poss office use some time in the future. Did you buy one yet? If so, any comments on the decision process / quality of the one you chose?

As far as I'm concerned, bigger = slightly better, which favours the Sammy but then it's £40-£50 more (25% more!) for that extra inch. In addition, I gather the LG has 2x 5W speakers vs Sammy 2x 3W (both pathetic but may as well take the 2 extra watts...). In addition I gather the LG may have a USB port to view pics etc but yet to verify that. So overall, LG makes a bit more sense. Would appreciate knowing your thoughts if you have a mo :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom