1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on 1st digital camera

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by jeebas, Jun 7, 2004.

1. jeebas

jeebas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, thanks for taking time to look at this.

I am about to purchase my first digital camera and would appreciate some advice from others.

Originaly, I was looking at the Sony Cybershot DSC-V1. Now that it is available, I am more looking at the Sony Cybershot DSC-W1.

I am looking to pay between £250 - £300

Thanks,

Colin

2. WoodyAllen

WoodyAllen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I declare that I know little about digicams; however having received some helpful advice from this forum recently I have just bought a Canon Ixus 500 (5mp) and must say that I'm chuffed with it. The picture quality is just superb (& I've only shot on auto) and it it very simple to use. It also uses the relatively cheap compact flash storage medium & I was able to buy a spare battery for just £13. Best price I found for it on the net was £268 but from an non-UK based company; in the end I bought from Jessops for £298 - they came close to pricematching Amazon.co.uk (£290) & it suited me to cut-out the postage risk.

This is my first digicam & I find it very easy to use; capable of wonderful images and easy to carry around...but for the record: I've no experience using any other digicam..

Good luck with your purchase...

3. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Camera i would go for at the momeant is the new canon S60. Its about £345 It offers more then the ixus500. It can take flash and micro drives and a 200m lens can be added, and it can be set to fully manual when you become more advanced. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/s60.html

The 500 is a fine camera to...I had the 400, the body is the same and most of the features... I've sold it now and will be buying the S60 this week

4. steve tyler

steve tyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    keanyboy,where you buying yours from?

5. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: