advice needed

Mr Regan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all quick question,

I have around £1000 to spend on a TV for my living room, The tv will be used as a stop gap for around 7 months as im moving in to a larger house which means i will be spending a lot more on a panel, then it will be moved in to a bedroom,

So i watch a lot of football and films no gaming, i want a tv bigger than 42" the bigger the better, im i better going for full hd i do have sky hd and have just bought a blue ray player, at the min im using a 40" samsung lcd,
I know im not going to get a large full hd for under a grand but i could stretch a little, So what do you guys recommend, and will plasma get rid of motion blur which i get watching sky. plus will films look better, or am i better spending it on an LCD, the reason i say this as every shop i go in to try to sell me an LCD over a Plasma so i thought i would post this in this section from people who actually own them.

You really need good pair of eyes for a 1080p panel at 13 feet unless you get a screen atleast 65".

You really need good pair of eyes for a 1080p panel at 13 feet unless you get a screen atleast 65".

Hi Guys, this might sound like a bit of a blonde moment but I'm thinking of getting the LG 50PG4000, our viewing distance will be between 18ft max and 10ftmin away. I just had a look at the graph and couldt really make head nor tail of it.
Basically will this tv be ok at them distances?
Regards Nige

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom