1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wah, Jul 19, 2001.

1. wah

wah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I've been deciding on getting a widescreen for a few months and a few days ago ordered a Tosh 36ZP18P but have been told it could take between 4-6 weeks and without a TV at the moment that is a really long wait!

Today I saw the Tosh 40PW13P and thought it seemed okay and told this was available in a week. I don't know much about Rear Projections so was wondering if any of you guys have any comments or opinions about this.

From my point of view the 40PW13P is cheaper, slimmer (depth wise) and has a bigger screen - the only negative points are is didn't seem as bright and didn't have the dolby digital sound built in.

Your feedback is much appreciated as I'm in a dilemma whether to get the 40PW13P or wait for the 36ZP18P?

Thanks.

2. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Personally, I decided against a rear projection TV, as I wasn't impressed with the picture quality when compared to CRT, especially when you get closer to the screen.