• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice Needed

pchealer

Standard Member
Hello All

I need to get my car stereo fixed it is driving my crazy. I have got a Pioneer DEH-4400BT and I hate it the menu system on it is complicated and non user friendly. (I'm not a stereo geek I just want something that works).

I don't have a lot of money to spare on the system I think the most I can afford is £200.
My main need is to be able to listen to the radio without all the cackle and distortion im currently getting. I have a Kia Pro Ceed and it was a bit of a ball ache take out the factory installed stereo but since taking it out the car radio reception has got worse..

I live in Farnborough Hampshire and I want to be able to get Capital FM and Radio 1 and Kiss 100 I can generally get Radio 1 only which is doing my head in.

I have thought about getting a DAB radio but they look expensive as you need a DAB car Ariel.
I have a Google Nexus 4 which I was going to use to stream music via bluetooth but this mobile has a well documented issues with blue tooth issues i.e it will just turn on when trying to stream music in my car.

I don't mind paying more if I new a solution would work the local shops around here want like 1k which is a joke.

So my musts are:
1 Decent Radio
Parrot for taking calls.
User friendly menu

My Likes are:
Bluetooth
Android Comparability
Touch Screen

I did look at this "AN-21 U" - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Pure Android 4.1 Car Stereo Radio Head Unit [ROOTED] - Page 261 - xda-developers but i just want something that works my time is too valuable to spend hours rooting something.

Aerojon

Established Member
my guess is the cee'd has an amplified aerial which was powered by the oe h/u fitting the pioneer has removed it's power

pchealer

Standard Member
Thanks ive re-installed the factory Stereo going to put the Pioneer on ebay until least the radio works better. I think in the end I may have to get an Iphone as Andriod phones seem to be crap for in car usage.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom