1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gunner007_uk, Feb 8, 2005.

1. gunner007_uk

gunner007_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I need some advice on purchasing an amplifier and speekers. Can you guys help me??

I have done my own research on this and have come across this pioneer as being a suitable choice.

Pioneer VSX-D814

Are there any others i should take a look at/listen to in similar price range [£200/£350]?? i will be using the amplifier for music and film [50:50].
    the amplifer must be able to connect to the following;
    DVD player, Sky+, computer, & PS2. and i would prefer an amplifier and speakers which is availiable in black or charcoal grey.

I am unsure about speakers but I do like the look of the mission M34's.
    If i go and buy the pioneer, will the mission speakers be a good choice. What others should I buy to complete the set??

I have had a look around in some shops and online and i am having trouble finding pioneer 814 in black. does anyone know where i can get hold of one?

Thanks

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsxd814/vsxd814.htm in black.

ive ordered the silver version of this amp for £208 inc Del and pairing it with Mordaunt Short Avant Premier Speakers. shall lets you know how i get on.

im using fully 100% for movies to i havnt looked at music reviews for the amp

apprently the denon 1905 is a better choice if your looking at music alot as well. a good all round amp and lots of talk on this forum