Advice needed

clanger165

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im going to be setting up a basic home cinema system in my spare room.
I have the chance to buy the yamaha rx-v2400 for £380 second hand.

My question is would this be the way to go or buy a new similar priced reciver that has HMDI.

any help would be appreciated.

The 2400 is a nice reciever but I believe it does not do audio over HDMI so you will not get HD audio with it. The price seems quite high but I may be corrected on that.
It all depends what you want it for. If you plan to have bluray player then I would look to get a reciever that will give you HD audio so you get the best out of them. This could mean buying a new HD enabled amp or look to get a second hand one that does do audio over HDMI (look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum for a list of older amps that have it).

The 2400 is a nice reciever but I believe it does not do audio over HDMI so you will not get HD audio with it. The price seems quite high but I may be corrected on that.
It all depends what you want it for. If you plan to have bluray player then I would look to get a reciever that will give you HD audio so you get the best out of them. This could mean buying a new HD enabled amp or look to get a second hand one that does do audio over HDMI (look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum for a list of older amps that have it).

Great advice as usual from PSM1, however just in case you do have a BD player with analogue outs and you do get a cheap amp that doesn't allow audio over HDMI.....Check this post out from another wise member.

not got BD player yet

Well if you did really want to buy that Yamaha 2400 and you did want HD audio I have seen the Pioneer BDP51FD going at RS for £199. I think they are ex-display but still guaranted so maybe worth a look? You may want to check the pio 51's ability for on-board audio adjustment too.

Just an idea.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom