1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by s-p, Feb 1, 2004.

1. s-p

s-p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Morning All,

Having just ordered a 28ZT29, I'm looking at some advice on connecting up all my components to it. The only problem is, I have gone well over budget on my television purchase already, so really need to limit the costs of cables. :blush:

The components I need to connect up to my new tele are:
    Toshiba SD330
    Xbox
    Sony VCR

Through my current 14" (I know...) I currently use RF cables for my VCR :rolleyes: , default scart lead that comes with the Xbox and a cheap scart for the DVD player.

Now I'm looking at using component for video on my DVD along with a Coaxial cable for audio purposes. Component wise I was looking at either:
    3x phono ~ phono Van Damme 75 ofc video leads - VCD
    RGB Component Video Leads - CPC
    Audio

Coaxial Audio wise something along the lines of:
    CPC

For the xbox, I think the Official Xbox Advanced Scart Cable combined with an optical cable I have lying around would be the works.

For the VCR, would I be right in thinking that using the cheap Scart cable I already have would be perfectly adequate?

Any advice is most welcome, but please be gentle as my knowledge of this area is very limited. :D

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would get the cheapest thing you possibly could then change them when you have a bit more cash to do it properly.

When you do Ixos now do uprated console cables, i'm pretty sure that includes the X-box

3. s-p

s-p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the advice bobbypunk. :smashin:

The only problem is I can't seem to find any IXOS cables which output both RGB scart, as well as having an optical out for 5.1 sound. Do you know of if IXOS currently sell a cable that is capable of this?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't think that anybody sells a cable that combines scart and a digital connection. You will need two cables for that

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no ixos don't make one for both just for picture, don't know of anyone doing one either, you may have to stick to microsoft's own cable @ about £20