advice needed!! Which is Better

A

asteri

I'm finally going to buy a new game system and haven't got a scooby on which one is best! Out of these three which would you buy:

Play Station 2
Game Cube
Xbox

Thank you for your help very much appreciated!

asteri

Originally posted by asteri
I'm finally going to buy a new game system and haven't got a scooby on which one is best! Out of these three which would you buy:

Play Station 2
Game Cube
Xbox

This type of question is not constructive :rolleyes:. Do a search as there have been many similar threads in the past few months discussing this. They have all descended in to drivel though......as I'm sure this one will too ;).

i ve got xbox & ps2 my brother has gamecube.i love both of mine but if i had to pick one i would go for xbox halo moto gp plus xbox live.but it depends what kind of game you like.if you like football then ps2 has the best in pro evo soccer.if you like fps then xbox has halo.& i don`t have a clue about gamecube.

lol this thread will end in tears...

my view:

xbox - halo great but not uch else grabbed me to be honest. all of its other future great games seem to be comng to other consoles too.

playstation 2 - getting a little dated now

gamecube - slow launch but titles are starting to come in in time for xmas look out for metroid prime, mario sunshine, nightfire, 3 star wars games...

above all what games do you like, the systems have pretty clear divisions. Bear in mind that its really the exclusive games which divide them so if you prefer MArio and MEtroid go for nintendo if you prefer Rare games and halo go for x box.

I am making no comment.... heehee :)

Originally posted by stewarthollyhead
lol this thread will end in tears...

my view:

xbox - halo great but not uch else grabbed me to be honest. all of its other future great games seem to be comng to other consoles too.

playstation 2 - getting a little dated now

gamecube - slow launch but titles are starting to come in in time for xmas look out for metroid prime, mario sunshine, nightfire, 3 star wars games...

above all what games do you like, the systems have pretty clear divisions. Bear in mind that its really the exclusive games which divide them so if you prefer MArio and MEtroid go for nintendo if you prefer Rare games and halo go for x box.

That's the problem with these threads! You mention the games coming for one machine but not teh others. The xbox does have great games coming that aren't out on any other format.

But that's not the point. These threads de-generate.

Asteri, go out and decide what floats your boat and buy it!

I agree. Go out, find a few mates who have a system and try 'em out. Play in-store demos to get a feel for the system and the controllers. Take a look at the current and upcoming lineups for each system, and read some previews and reviews to find out which games interest you the most.

Then go out and buy an XBox. (hehehe, just kidding bout that last part)

Buy all three systems then bin the two you like least.

RDB :)

Wait till december coz i heard the psx2 will cost £80 and the xbox will cost £100. It was in the edge forum he said his mate works at pc world thats how he knows.

Even if it turns out not to be true the xbox is available in comet for £130 as of today

Threads like this start because in the past people have been worried about buying a console that then loses support. However the current three consoles on the market all have very good support from three big manufacturers plus third party companies so in the end the choice comes down to how much you are prepared to pay, what hardware features you want, and what games you like playing. The only way to decide this is to do the legwork and research on the highstreet and internet.

I'm not going to add any comments either sorry ^_^ This sort of question is innocent enough but I think everyone has covered all of the console's bases, just run a search and you should find some colourful threads with many valid and not so valid comments.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom