Advice needed what would you buy FEF/Mission/B&W/Mirage

fuzzybee

Ex Member
Reaction score
I'm currently awaiting delivery of a loverly Hitachi 42 inch plasma, so i'm in the market for a wallmountable sub/sat speaker package.
I have loved my Mirage AVS speaker package for the last four years but recently sold it on at a very good price, so basically i'm after the best system i can get for around £800
They will be powered by my Yamaha RXV730RDS receiver and will be used for everyday use of tv/dvd/gaming but must also offer very good 2 channel stereo reproduction via my Arcam Diva cd62.
I have four packages in mind the stunning looking Mission FS1 the very odd looking Mirage Omnisat Micro, the bulky B&W VM1 or the obvious choice the new KEF eggs.
I must admit i rearlly like the looks and price of the Missions but feel the KEF's are probably going to offer me the best option for what i need the speaker package for(do you need a seperate wall bracket for the KEF's or can they be wallmounted as they are??)
Has anyone got any of the above and how would you rate the 2 channel capabilities, the wife is insisting on a sub/sat system and feel the above options are my best bet.
Any help or suggestions would be greately received by people in the know,

Thanks in advance :smashin:

I have never heard any of the four systems that you have mentioned but there seems to be a strong body of opinion both here and in magazines for both the B&W and KEF Eggs and you should definately audition them both.

Another worth auditioning is the JM Labs Sib & Cub package which is available at £649 from Creative Audio here which is a saving of £250 on RRP and has also been well received by those who have heard them (especially ReTro who knows his stuff)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom