Advice needed to add Atmos to old 5.1 setup

SGH42

I currently have a LG C9 OLED TV, a Denon AVR-X2300W Receiver and a Kef egg 5.1 setup.
I would like to add Dolby Atmos (upward firing) to my listening experience (speakers should be fairly small) and am looking for advice on what I see as the options:

1. Add some upfiring Atmos speakers to my existing setup
2. Replace with a Soundbar (thinking, Sonos Arc or Samsung HW-Q950T)
3. Buy a Atmos enabled 5.1.2 speaker setup like the Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 Home Cinema System

Would appreciate some advice on the best option, looking to spend at the most around £1500.

dion 6

I currently have a LG C9 OLED TV, a Denon AVR-X2300W Receiver and a Kef egg 5.1 setup.
I would like to add Dolby Atmos (upward firing) to my listening experience (speakers should be fairly small) and am looking for advice on what I see as the options:

1. Add some upfiring Atmos speakers to my existing setup
2. Replace with a Soundbar (thinking, Sonos Arc or Samsung HW-Q950T)
3. Buy a Atmos enabled 5.1.2 speaker setup like the Focal Sib Evo Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 Home Cinema System

Would appreciate some advice on the best option, looking to spend at the most around £1500.
Hi I wouldn't go for a soundbar after having a 5.1 set you could go for the Focal Sib its £799 at Richer sounds at the moment you say you want the speakers to be fairly small if you could stretch to the monitor bronze 50 size they do matching atmos units that sit on top

SGH42

Thanks for the advice, I can't find many reviews for the Monitor Bronze 50 are they worth twicw the price of the Focal Sib?

dion 6

Thanks for the advice, I can't find many reviews for the Monitor Bronze 50 are they worth twicw the price of the Focal Sib?
I couldn't say I've got monitor audio radius 90s and a radius 200 centre which are smaller and nice shiny lifestyle speakers to keep the wife happy. But I suggested the monitor bronzes for the matching atmos speakers

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom