Advice needed small surround sound speakers

Nipstyler

Standard Member
Hi all

I need some advice around some small surround speakers for a living room setup. Space is a premium in my small living room.
I was looking at some mission fs1 speakers with sub but read mixed reviews. Not looking to spend a lot as I already have a full cinema setup in a spare bedroom.
Just want to upgrade the sound on my lg tv. Have a spare old denon 2805 amp to run a set of speakers with.
Ideally I'm not looking to spend more that 150 second hand.
Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated

PSM1

Distinguished Member
If looking at cheap then the jamo a102 would be worth a look or Boston acoustics sound wares.

Benja

Standard Member
Tannoy SFX,Tannoy EFX,Elac Cinema 1 or Canton 5.1.
Sony Pascal probably the best on second hand market (I would start with them ).I would not like buy Jamo ( hate them minimalistic subs )

Last edited:

Langstone

I use Tannoy SFX as my surround speakers in my bedroom and find them perfectly adequate.

I also use them for front heights due to space constraints.

Mark

Nipstyler

Standard Member
Maximum 150. Happy to look at second hand stuff. Spent 500 on a new TV and like I said I have a full cinema upstairs.

PJLOVER

Nipstyler said:
Maximum 150. Happy to look at second hand stuff. Spent 500 on a new TV and like I said I have a full cinema upstairs.

I could let my harman kardon hkts 11 with a monster sub go for 200 b4 delivery .... It's awesome and the sub is better than my Kef for my 5005.2 . It is a great system . Sats are in mint condition with all wires unused and brackets and mini stands included.
The only fault which isn't performance related is the letters of harman kardon on sub. 2 are half rubbed off.
Look it up same as hkts 18 but better sub and in sexy black.
And if you don't go through me I would recommend it ...

Last edited:

Nipstyler

Standard Member
Thanks for the offer but that's a bit more than I wanted to pay.
Thank you all for your help. I picked up a set of tannoy efx 6.1 for 70 quid. Very happy with them.

PJLOVER

Nipstyler said:
Thanks for the offer but that's a bit more than I wanted to pay.
Thank you all for your help. I picked up a set of tannoy efx 6.1 for 70 quid. Very happy with them.

Cool.... But if you trade up again I'd recommend the Harmans they are great sound for price and subs are monsters.

Just kef 5005.2 set but There's always something better . Wish I had bigger room no neighbours and some mk lol.

Enjoy the 6.1 maybe post a pick.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom