Advice needed - Samsung HD box, periodic issue... software or hardware fault?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by CodecCoder, Feb 7, 2009.

1. CodecCoder

CodecCoder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joined the happy world of Sky HD just over a week ago, got a Samsung box, wee bit of a problem with it would value any advice on whether it is hardware or software issue...

I've had the Sky HD box pop up a No Signal banner (err 30) twice. Both times a box reboot has resolved the issue.

I'm sure the LNB and wiring is good as I've had Sky+ in place for a year prior with no similar problems. The signal level is very good on both tuners in the HD box too so it's not a marginal signal issue. I also have 2 DVB-s cards wired to the same LNB and they don't stop working when the Sky HD box is complaining of no signal.

If it were a hardware fault I have trouble seeing how a box reboot would resolve the issue. On the other hand if it is a software issue then it must be affecting other users... is this the case?

I suppose there's an outside chance the hard reset could kick some dodgy part of analog part of the DVB-s front end back into life but it seems unlikely.

Your thoughts most welcome, software or hardware?