Advice needed, replacing my Velodyne DD18+ with what ????

tin69

For my 2nd XTZ 3X12 l said l was 'storing it for a friend'. Then naturally said friend lost his job through covid-19 and as a diligent friend, l 'helped him out' by buying the sub. Job done 😂🤣

Need 2 more though to run quads 🤪

Anyway, going by output, hair in the chest, grin inducing feel & room pressurisation according to sub tests on AVSforums & Audioholics it'd be DD18+ for me everytime. Size does matter 😁

I propose investing in room treatment & bass traps etc & keeping the newly drivered DD18+

See video below on acoustics & room treatment with highly esteemed Anthony Grimani:

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Room treatments are not for me, It's a living room setup, not a dedicated room.

I will be keeping the DD18+ but the Sub 1 is an amazing sub, it produces some of the punchiest bass I've ever heard.

I need to continue with the testing for a while longer to make sure the DD18+ is firstly fixed as it was an intermittent fault and secondly just to be 100% sure I prefer it to the Sub 1 because it can also be content specific.

If anyone is interested in the Sub 1 keep an eye on the classifieds as it may appear soon

tin69

Or try this 😁

Abizzle

I'm also looking to fill the gap where my Sub 1 once used to be.

After much research, the best all rounder sub for both movies, music, ULF, midbass, slam, tactile response, articulate, fast brought me to one of these:

RYTHMIK G25HP (15" Dual Opposed)

G25HP_sm.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 7.04.31 PM.png

Screenshot_20210515_130449.jpg

IMG_20210515_130616.jpg

18"(W) x 24" (H)x 25-1/2"(D) with grille.

As you can see, it even bests the Paradigm Sub 2 and Funk FW21 at quarter of the price.

Yes, I know there are subs that can dig deeper, more tactile response etc. But, they would excel in one area but not the other. This would be in the top 5 of all areas mentioned. Making it a great all rounder.

And the cherry on top. Look at the size! Very much Wife friendly.

So I've enquired with Rythmik and waiting for shipping costs to see is it worth it.

Just to give you an idea. Here's what I've found out so far:

RYTHMIK G25HP - $2450
Shipping - $300 (estimate)
VAT - $550
Customs - £0 (using correct commodity code)
Admin Fees - £100
TOTAL - £2350 (at current exchange rate)

So my question is with the figures this baby is putting out. The sound quality and size. Surely we're better off importing a new one of these than paying £2.5k for a Sub 1 or a DD18+ (both used) or any other sub for that matter.

Just imagine a dual dual setup of these. 4x 15" in stereo setup. At around £4k delivered. Rythmik give multi sub discount. Not to mention 2x would increase the SPL numbers above even further, so maybe plugging the gap between the very top ULF performers.

What do you guys reckon?

Last edited:

Abizzle

BTW, why did you sell the Sub 1 so quickly? What was your experience, not enough ULF or tactile response?

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
BTW, why did you sell the Sub 1 so quickly? What was your experience, not enough ULF or tactile response?

I only purchased the Sub 1 to tide me over while my DD18+ was being repaired.

It’s a great sub, really punchy & dynamic, it just lacked down low compared to the Velodyne.

The Rythmik is a great sub, I very nearly purchased the G25HP, however they have currently stopped shipping to the UK so that ruled it out for me.

Abizzle

It looks like they are open to shipping to UK. With pandemic effecting business, they may have changed their mind. If they do agree to send, would you be interested in one?

Maybe if I can get enough interest from forum members, start a group buy thread. I can then negotiate a bigger discount for all.

Anyone interested?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I'm also looking to fill the gap where my Sub 1 once used to be.

After much research, the best all rounder sub for both movies, music, ULF, midbass, slam, tactile response, articulate, fast brought me to one of these:

RYTHMIK G25HP (15" Dual Opposed)

View attachment 1512053
View attachment 1512054
View attachment 1512075
View attachment 1512076
18"(W) x 24" (H)x 25-1/2"(D) with grille.

As you can see, it even bests the Paradigm Sub 2 and Funk FW21 at quarter of the price.

Yes, I know there are subs that can dig deeper, more tactile response etc. But, they would excel in one area but not the other. This would be in the top 5 of all areas mentioned. Making it a great all rounder.

And the cherry on top. Look at the size! Very much Wife friendly.

So I've enquired with Rythmik and waiting for shipping costs to see is it worth it.

Just to give you an idea. Here's what I've found out so far:

RYTHMIK G25HP - $2450
Shipping - $300 (estimate)
VAT - $550
Customs - £0 (using correct commodity code)
Admin Fees - £100
TOTAL - £2350 (at current exchange rate)

So my question is with the figures this baby is putting out. The sound quality and size. Surely we're better off importing a new one of these than paying £2.5k for a Sub 1 or a DD18+ (both used) or any other sub for that matter.

Just imagine a dual dual setup of these. 4x 15" in stereo setup. At around £4k delivered. Rythmik give multi sub discount. Not to mention 2x would increase the SPL numbers above even further, so maybe plugging the gap between the very top ULF performers.

What do you guys reckon?

2350£, could that be correct? That ends up good amount cheaper than PSA S3012 bought locally from Rick (UK). PSA is even smaller so the G25HP is likely to offer better performance and the Servo tech.

KWB1

It looks like they are open to shipping to UK. With pandemic effecting business, they may have changed their mind. If they do agree to send, would you be interested in one?

Maybe if I can get enough interest from forum members, start a group buy thread. I can then negotiate a bigger discount for all.

Anyone interested?
Count me in as interested please 👍

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Are duals not an option?

Dual RS2 is surely going to be end-game material.

Abizzle

Are duals not an option?

Dual RS2 is surely going to be end-game material.
Excellent choice.

However, we are trying to import. Therefore, size and weight matters. Will cost double.

Like I mentioned before, there will be a few subs out there that are better in different categories, but for such a relatively compact sub, it's gets very close to the top in ALL categories.

I think I shall start a group buy thread to continue this properly.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Excellent choice.

However, we are trying to import. Therefore, size and weight matters. Will cost double.

Like I mentioned before, there will be a few subs out there that are better in different categories, but for such a relatively compact sub, it's gets very close to the top in ALL categories.

I think I shall start a group buy thread to continue this properly.

I think a couple of the lads already did a JTR group buy thread. I think only three people did it, and this was BEFORE the price hike.

I think the big issue with JTR subs is the waiting time AND the import waiting time. You can put through a group buy purchase and potentially not expect to see subwoofers arrive for months.

Abizzle

Good point. May require a different approach. Instead I'll ask Rythmik how many subs they have in stock for immediate dispatch and then negotiate a price on them all, then offer the no. of subs available. First come first serve.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Good point. May require a different approach. Instead I'll ask Rythmik how many subs they have in stock for immediate dispatch and then negotiate a price on them all, then offer the no. of subs available. First come first serve.

Not sure if Rhythmik are dealing with the UK Re: assembled subs. Last I read, tehy are only sending parts or something.

In the UK, we really are restricted in terms of massive subs. The best ones readily available are from Ricky & PSA's offerings. I think a pre-order for 2x TV2112s off of Ricky should be enough for 99% of UK home theatre enthusiasts re: headroom for I think £6k.

ta1

Anyone interested?
I was also after one of these and enquired about a month ago. They quoted me $800 to ship - Ouch!!!
Let me know how you get on. I’m interested in one.

Ultrasonic

It looks like they are open to shipping to UK.

Do you mean you've had a reply suggesting this? I'm curious as the publicised situation is that currently Rythmik won't sell to the UK. It will be interesting to see if you are able to buy from them.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Do you mean you've had a reply suggesting this? I'm curious as the publicised situation is that currently Rythmik won't sell to the UK. It will be interesting to see if you are able to buy from them.
They will sell to the UK as long as your serious and ready to order.

ta1

Yes, I thought the same, but emailed them anyway. They said they will supply to the UK, but shipping was prohibitive. Perhaps a bulk deal could help.

Abizzle

I received the same response, hence I came to the forum to let you guys know.

Also I'm thinking if we can get at least 3-5 subs confirmed, then they would ship them without blinking as its good business for them. At just one sub, they might think its not worth the hassle.

I should receive the shipping costs tomorrow from them.

I will also get shipping costs from my UK shipper tomorrow. If its cheaper that I organise the shipping, then I'm sure they'll be open to it.

Abizzle

Screenshot_20210516_204744_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Abizzle

Last edited:

Ultrasonic

Abizzle

Of course, that's the first thing I'm going to do tomorrow morning. It's the weekend and they are off.

First thing they're going to ask is how many, so I thought get a quick snapshot over the weekend

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp