Advice needed regarding Technics Hi-Fi systems...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by tubthumper, Feb 17, 2014.

1. tubthumper

tubthumper
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Was wondering if I could pick your brains? Me and the missus are looking to get our first place soon, so obviously my priority is sorting the AV (whilst she chooses cushions, curtains etc!).

I remember hearing a Technics "separates" system a while back and being blown away by the sound quality. These go for next to no nothing so could be a good buy for a cash-strapped buyer.

Problem I've got is, I have no ide which out of the systems is considered to be the best in terms of sound quality. I don't need DVD playing capability, only CD, FM, split input surround sound and the facility to use a record turntable (preferably through an inbuilt phono amp, if not I don't mind spending a bit extra on a separate pre-amp).

Examples I have seen are:
    SC-DV 290
    SC-EH 770
    SC-EH 790

Which was considered the highest spec out of these, and are there any other systems (preferably Technics but anything else considered) that any of you would suggest?

Thanks for your help in advance, all input appreciated - you'll be really helping me out.

Josh :)

2. budgetavsw

budgetavsw
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

3. budgetavsw

budgetavsw
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    recently bought sa-eh 750 technics 5 speakers can add sub if wanted good sound more power than will ever need 5 cd player etc no turntable input but at 40 pounds all in keep looking