1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed re tickets for Real Madrid,Barcelona or Juventus.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paulr, Aug 21, 2005.

1. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Hi
    Me and some mates want to take advantage of the low Easyjet prices to European destinations to watch some of the above teams.Fly in-watch game-fly back.

1.Are tickets for these teams always sold out like in the UK.
    2.There are loads of ticket agencies selling them at inflated prices.Is the club the best place to get them at ticket price (i'd have thought so tbh)

Any other advice,its getting the tickets that seems to be the sticking point.

cheers
    Paul.

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,185
    I saw Barcelona play a couple of years ago, and we just went to the stadium and bought tickets on the day. But for the big clashes you might want to book ahead.

3. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,231
    i went to watch Barcelona Vs Real Madrid. last november, it was brilliant, but the ticket system is quite different, everyone has season tickets, so touts sell you the tickets and actually take you inside the grounds, and the stewards are all paid by the touts so let it go unnoticed,so you actually in esssence are using someones elses season ticket for the night. no problems what so ever, but the tickets did cost £107 (when converted from euros) . the few seats that were not held by season holders were sold out ages ago! but this could be because it was a huge match , celebrations were brilliant! my experience was only in Barcelona ands thats how far my experience of football abroad goes! best of luck and have a great holiday!

4. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    From what i understand the big games are very hard to get tickets for.
    £107 is too much.
    The biggest problem it seems is the times for the game are only decided a few weeks before making booking plane tickets in advance a bit problematic.

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,185
    Yeah, we watched Barca v Racing Santander LOL, and we got the most expensive tickets which were €52, quality view though!

6. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,231
    we paid a hell of a lot , because it was a huge match!! but wont be that expensive normally

7. branny

branny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Me and my mate have just booked to go to Barcelona Vs Zarragozza at the end of Sept.

We did everything via Easyjet,flights, hotel, transfer etc and booked our tickets from here.

http://www.barcelona-football-tickets.com/

Total trip (5 nights) came in at £400.

Branny

8. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    What was it like?
    Any advice.

9. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +910
  10. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Thanks.
    Branny,what day and time was your match.Barcelona have a lot of games on Sundays,is it evening or daytime kick -off?

11. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,185
    From what i remember, around 5pm.

12. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    I have been at various games all around Europe and it is generally touts that I get my tickets from. Having said that, this is usually for the big games, with 2 big sides playing each other.

If you are going to see a big team v a middle of the road team then you might be able to pick them up officially for face value.

I disagree with the person who said that £107 was too much to se Barca v Madrid - thats a bargain for a game that big. I have seen a few of these ties in both Madrid and Barcelona and it is getting more and more difficult to pick up a ticket at all. My logic is that you do not see too many games of this size in your life anyway, so paying above the odds is worth it.

If heading to Barcelona, check out www.eatb.es. This is an official ticket agency based in the city that has links to both Barca and Espanyol. I think the site is getting revamped at the minute but when we got our last tickets from it, you could even get a view from where your seat would be. Nice!! Plus you only pay slightly above the odds for the service. Last tickets cost us £50 each for game v Athletic Bilbao.

The attendances at the top Italian games do not seem as high as in Spain. Might be easier to pick up a ticket for a big game there. Likes of Juve have very poor home attendances for example. You'll get in there no problem, even when the likes of Milan or Inter visit. Although I have been to Milan on 3 different trips and its not a great city for a group of fellas heading off on the beer. Would say that Turin is no better. Any time we have been to Madrid or Barcelona we have had a great time - pubs open to 5-6am - disaster !!

13. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Cheers Sok,i've read that too about Italian football,the gates have dropped recently and getting a ticket for a big game isnt that hard.

14. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Attendances are dropping everywhere it seems. Maybe thats why I found it hard to get a ticket for some games going back over the last 5 or 6 years, when the whole hype about football was at its peak.

Perhaps it will get easier again now.

On all my travels, I have only ever missed one game because I could not get a ticket. That was Ajax v Feyenoord. I hunted all around the stadium but couldn't find one. Didn't seem to be any touts about that day. Too many police since this is a high risk game in Holland.

15. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    SOK,from your experience which European clubs are the best for a mini visit,ie quick look round and a game of footie.You mention Barca,anywhere else?

16. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    As a Madrid fan I have to admit that I like Madrid as a place to visit. But not just for the football. Its a great city for nights out, plus if you are interested there is plenty of cultural things to do/see. All my trips there have been for footie, so end up in bars every night until 5am !! Tend not to see much of the city itself. Will go back with the girlfriend sometime and do the tourist stuff.

Word of warning though. Weekends are best for nights out (somewhat obvious). We were also there midweek for the Madrid v Bayern game last year and atmosphere was also good in bars due to the number of fans about.

However, we went recently for a Sunday and Monday night and it was quiet. Would not advise that. This brings me to another point and the reason we were there on those nights. We had planned to travel for a Sunday night game but it was moved to Saturday night. This happens quite often with the big teams as the big games are usually on Saturday night for TV. If travelling to Spain for a game I would try to be there for midday on Saturday to cover yourself and also allow you time to look for a ticket.

All that I said about Madrid is the same for Barcelona. Great city for a lads trip away. Again great bars off La Ramblas, open until 5am and later. Loads of things to see in the city as well. Be careful though is you are out late at night. Try not to be alone as there are a lot of scumbags and pick-pockets around the narrow streets of the Rambla. Better to stick with at least one other person.

One thing I did notice about the last Barca game I saw (in March v Bilbao) - the atmosphere was poor. The team was playing very well and Bilbao put up no fight at all and this probably did not help but it was too quiet. I would say that this will tend to happen with a lot of big teams these days if the game is not a contest for them. I would advise going to a CL game instead v a non-Spanish team. The fans tend to be louder for these games (especially if you can leave it to the knockout stages next year).

So overall, Madrid or Barcelona will be a good choice. A place I have never been but would love to go is Valencia. I read that it has the same sort of nightlife as Madrid/Barcelona. Think Easyjet also fly to Bilbao as well.

Now on to Italy. I have been in Milan (x3) and Rome (no game seen). Both lovely cities and plenty to see from a tourist point of view (esp Rome) but not great in terms of nightlife. Different attitiude to the Spanish. Too many people coming out to bars at midnight for a coffee, to pose, look around, then head off home at 12:30am. Maybe its because in Spain you tend to find a lot of Irish, English, Scottish, Australian, American people in the bars - people with a drink culture who add to the atmosphere.

But Italy is a very nice place overall. The atmosphere at the games was excellent and probably better than in Spain. San Siro is magnificant as well !! I do plan to go to the Rome derby someday as it seems to have the best atmosphere of any Italian game I have watched on TV.

As for other cities, I also liked Amsterdam. Was there in 1998 for the CL Final and again a few years later with the missus. Thought it was a nice city, good stadium with lots to see. Again good bars but lots of people offering you drugs on corners, which some people might find offputting. But would definitely go back again.

Also went to Paris in 2000. Nice city but too expensive!! Cost a fortune to get drunk.

So I would say that if you try Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam you should have a good time. I would also like to see Lisbon, Valencia some time. WC next summer would also be good fun!!

Sorry to go on for so long.