[Advice needed - Please!!!] LG CX 77" (£1,900 - 1y Warranty) or LG C1 77" (£2,300 - 5y Warranty)

petercolling

Novice Member
Hi All

I've just bought an LG C1 77" and comparing with my LG CX 65", I didn't like a few things (OS, picture quality same, sound better in CX and for some reason I find the CX 65" brighter than the C1 - DONT KNOW HOW)

I got the LG C1 77" for £2,300 with 5 years warranty, but now I've found a good deal for the LG CX for £1,900 with a 1-year warranty.

None of the warranties covers screen burn-in, and I'm planning to sell this tv to buy a C2 in 2 or 3 years.

What would be your advice? Is warranty that important? If I like more the CX and the £400 lower price, does it make sense to buy it even with a 1-year warranty?

Thank you!

BillRawles

It really depends where you're based. In UK and Ireland, a warranty is little more than a marketing tool, your consumer rights offer much better protection.

petercolling

Novice Member
It really depends where you're based. In UK and Ireland, a warranty is little more than a marketing tool, your consumer rights offer much better protection.
Thanks for helping!

I'm based in the UK, but I'm from the US, so I dont know the rules in the UK.

Based on this info, what do you think?

Thanks again

buzz_lightclick

Hi All

I've just bought an LG C1 77" and comparing with my LG CX 65", I didn't like a few things (OS, picture quality same, sound better in CX and for some reason I find the CX 65" brighter than the C1 - DONT KNOW HOW)

I got the LG C1 77" for £2,300 with 5 years warranty, but now I've found a good deal for the LG CX for £1,900 with a 1-year warranty.

None of the warranties covers screen burn-in, and I'm planning to sell this tv to buy a C2 in 2 or 3 years.

What would be your advice? Is warranty that important? If I like more the CX and the £400 lower price, does it make sense to buy it even with a 1-year warranty?

Thank you!
It appears that the CX is brighter than the C1:
They confirm the sound is better too.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Is that guaranteed or just a lottery as to whether it's the Evo or not.

5to1

In some respects that’s true, the issue of burn in being the main one. As it’s excluded from all OLED warranties but people have successfully used the fit for purpose argument against retailers to get redress.

But in all other respects I’d rather have a warranty. Yes In many cases you may well be able to get the same outcome via consumer protection, but if the retailer is obstinate it may require a visit to small claims court. Moreover, you may require a technical report to demonstrate the fault is inherent. And any successful claim may be reduced to account for how long you’ve used the item.

Whereas with a warranty, if it says you’re covered it’s hassle free and if the set can’t be repaired you’ll get an equivalent new model.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom