Advice needed - Panasonic 37PX70B Plasma or Panansonic 32LXD70 LCD

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Kibble, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Kibble

Kibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I'm going to buy a new TV next week with a top budget of £650. I've been leaning towards the Panansonic 32LXD70 LCD for a while now, but every time I pop into my local Curry's or wherever to check out screens, I'm invariably drawn towards the Plasmas. Maybe it's because they often seem to use these to show off the best stuff though!

The Panasonic 37PX70B Plasma would at the top end of my budget, but as it is at the bottom end of the Plasmas price wise, is it worth considering over what I know is a great LCD screen with the 32LXD70?

The extra 5" would be nice, but then again I'm not going to be sitting that far from the screen as the room is fairly small. I have Virgin Media (with an HDMI connection though) so can get HD (but I don't have the movie channels). I only have a standard DVD player on a Scart connection, so no upscaling via HDMI on that. I mainly watch standard definition stuff anyway, so that's my main concern.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

:thumbsup:

2. WGLOVER

WGLOVER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    We have the older 32LXD60 LCD and 42PX60.
    While the 32" is a very good set, it cannot, in my opinion, compare with the Plasma.
    Black levels. motion, and realism are a few of the advantages. Screen burn, so far, not an issue.

3. Andy_Jack

Andy_Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Panasonic 37PX70B Plasma or Panasonic 32LXD70 LCD is like comparing a Ferrari and a Ford.:D Plasma all the way.:smashin:

4. jimborae

jimborae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Definitely the plasma, the extra inches, lack of motion blur and better black levels make it worth the extra money imho. Also I suspect the plasma will do a better job of upscaling the SD stuff from Virgin & your DVD player than the lcd would do.

5. Kibble

Kibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the advice.

How's the sound on the 37PX70? That's one criticism I've read about the 32LXD70.

I must say, every LCD I've spent any time watching at friend's houses has always disappointed me after prolonged periods. Screen burn was my main concern with Plasma, but I've seen very little complaints on this from users.

:)

6. Zebsy

Zebsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm having the same dilema so was interested to see this thread.

Would you get the same response from the LCD forumites, though :D

I was thinking about the LXD700 but I read a review today which was very erm unenthusiastic :rotfl:.