Advice needed on subwoofer upgrade sb1000 or sb2000 pro to go with Min22's

View attachment 1462767
at roughly -79db volume I got back -10db running the 3 position. Should I re run with a lower volume say -75 to -76?

No need! You are below -12db which counts and most people tend to run their SVS with higher gain anyway. Plenty of headroom to tweak now, but i assume most people do it with the app.

This forum sucks after the update. With pictures trying to get up this starts jumping! 🤬😡

I did re-run it before I saw your reply at -76/-77 and got back -9db. Found the bass too low and was thinking surely this can't be right, cranked it up to -5db on the amp and I could feel it was there now. The opening scene on blade runner at volume -25db ...I could feel the room pressurised and the vibrations through the sofa and my body, something I never felt before from the x301...took me back to my teenager days when I used have twin 12"inchers in the boot :rotfl:

Initial impressions I am now happy with the bass, but hoping for a little bit more at lower volume with some tweaks...any suggestions?

My house is a new build and the carpet is very thick, still pretty new at only 2 years old, the whole sub is buried in the carpet, those tiny feet on the sub are a complete waste. I ordered the svs soundpath feets from amazon (next day delivery), should be here in the morning. Not sure what improvements if any the soundpath feet will offer on carpet over concrete floor? Did I just waste £65 for nothing? Anyway its a work night, thank god its Friday tomorrow...

To get my mates working better we used the denon app, aydessy app and svs app i believe on the aydessy app we stopped aydessy working after 500hz and turned midrange compression off then set the svs to movie mode running 5db up from where originally set. We then used a spl meter to check all levels and made sure the sub was at 78 db. His system now sounds amazing but i personally think his £3000 frt speakers make the system and for some reason he thinks mine sounds better with the a10s for film. Hope this helps mate

Zigourney nice pair on ebay £425 with the stands

Yes I did see those on ebay, up north in Manchester, he's dropped the price to £400 now. I was considering it at first, I could save £200 compared to buying a pair new (£600), but then I wont get the safety of the 6 year warranty which RS offer, plus RS have priced me up a deal which knocks off £100 from the total bill. So I think I'm going to pass on the ebay ones, not worth it just to save the difference of £100 and then factor in petrol and round trip from Birmingham to Manchester, I'd rather buy new.

To get my mates working better we used the denon app, aydessy app and svs app i believe on the aydessy app we stopped aydessy working after 500hz and turned midrange compression off then set the svs to movie mode running 5db up from where originally set. We then used a spl meter to check all levels and made sure the sub was at 78 db. His system now sounds amazing but i personally think his £3000 frt speakers make the system and for some reason he thinks mine sounds better with the a10s for film. Hope this helps mate

I've never used the denon or the audyssey app, never knew my amp was compatible with an app, I have the Denon X3500H I'm going to have a look at that....thanks

Fair enough mate just seen them and thought it might be some use. Im trying to get a pair of a40s so always looking on there But with the arrival of the new pup its wiped out my plans of going atmos and new amp.

I did re-run it before I saw your reply at -76/-77 and got back -9db. Found the bass too low and was thinking surely this can't be right, cranked it up to -5db on the amp and I could feel it was there now. The opening scene on blade runner at volume -25db ...I could feel the room pressurised and the vibrations through the sofa and my body, something I never felt before from the x301...took me back to my teenager days when I used have twin 12"inchers in the boot :rotfl:

Initial impressions I am now happy with the bass, but hoping for a little bit more at lower volume with some tweaks...any suggestions?

My house is a new build and the carpet is very thick, still pretty new at only 2 years old, the whole sub is buried in the carpet, those tiny feet on the sub are a complete waste. I ordered the svs soundpath feets from amazon (next day delivery), should be here in the morning. Not sure what improvements if any the soundpath feet will offer on carpet over concrete floor? Did I just waste £65 for nothing? Anyway its a work night, thank god its Friday tomorrow...

If you don´t have Audussey Dynamic EQ on, then activate that as it will help for the low volume listening. I think you would get even bit more out from the SVS in the corner after you have upgraded the speakers so the sub doesn´t need to stay so close. This is of course if that move is possible.

If you don´t have Audussey Dynamic EQ on, then activate that as it will help for the low volume listening. I think you would get even bit more out from the SVS in the corner after you have upgraded the speakers so the sub doesn´t need to stay so close. This is of course if that move is possible.

I did switch it on before after Ed mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, but after the calibration last night I forgot to switch it back on. I'll turn it back on, thanks for the reminder. Don't think I will be able to relocate the lamp in the corner without annoying the wife which I don't want to do :rotfl: lol
I showed the misus pictures of the A10s that I am planning to get and she said she likes them, usually she doesnt care for this sort of stuff, so probably best to keep her happy until after all the upgrade is done before suggesting to re-jig the room hahaha

Last edited:
C0E50386-2755-4205-9579-1E65B0C16967.jpeg

62F60084-3901-4E0B-92BA-FA22732AE4D9.jpeg

The sub now sits so much better on the carpet with the SVS feet’s...don’t know yet if makes a difference to the sound but it definitely looks better than being buried in the carpet... way overpriced and don’t understand why they don’t include these with it...

Quick question how do the standard feet attach. Do they just unscrew? I ordered some larger/taller sorborthane feet to raise my centre speaker, but the original feet I had on are a better height.

Was going to try out the isolation with the sorbothane feet on my SB1000 before getting the SVS feet.

Quick question how do the standard feet attach. Do they just unscrew? I ordered some larger/taller sorborthane feet to raise my centre speaker, but the original feet I had on are a better height.

Was going to try out the isolation with the sorbothane feet on my SB1000 before getting the SVS feet.

Yes standard ones just unscrew out.

New ones screw in via 1/4 20mm theres different size screws included in the box if attaching to non svs subs. If attaching to SVS subs there's a packet of screws labelled "For SVS subs" use those for every model of SVS subs.

5BF350B0-5699-4A3D-B591-DCDCCA830508.jpeg

35952D71-2DBD-480E-86E9-DFD405233E8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes standard ones just unscrew out.

New ones screw in via standard M8's, theres different size screws included in the box if attaching to non svs subs. If attaching to SVS subs there's a packet of screws labelled "For SVS subs" use those for every model of SVS subs.

View attachment 1464134
View attachment 1464135

Thanks,

I got them out a little earlier, wanted to try and avoid pulling all the cables, without knowing.

The sorbothane feet I’ve put underneath have seemed to make a big difference on hard floor to the bass/vibrations. They definitely work. However I like the stuff what I can feel now, which has gone except for the lowest big hits. So they’re doing their job. Im thinking whether to put standard ones back and wait and see if I do get a complaint from the next door neighbour.

Unless I just need to calibrate again after swapping the feet, not sure if that’s what I should do.

Thanks,

I got them out a little earlier, wanted to try and avoid pulling all the cables, without knowing.

The sorbothane feet I’ve put underneath have seemed to make a big difference on hard floor to the bass/vibrations. They definitely work. However I like the stuff what I can feel now, which has gone except for the lowest big hits. So they’re doing their job. Im thinking whether to put standard ones back and wait and see if I do get a complaint from the next door neighbour.

Unless I just need to calibrate again after swapping the feet, not sure if that’s what I should do.

I didn’t recalibrate after I put the SVS feet’s on, and I couldn’t tell any difference with or without the new feet’s, but then again mine was sitting on fairly deep carpets, so I think it was getting decent amount of isolation already. I only had the original feet on for less than a day before I swapped them out so I’m not sure I got to know the sub well enough to tell the the before and after difference. Only reason I got the feet was because I didn’t like how the sub was sitting an inch or so buried in the carpet, I just wanted to make sure the front grill was raised off the floor.

Wasn’t happy paying £65 for them in all honesty...but I’m sure they will perform better than the standard feets on hard wood.

My mates dual sb2000s came with 2 sets of feet in with the price he has hollow floors with bare floorboards they definitely seemed to stop the boom. But i do believe at that price they should come aa standard. But he had such a bargin it was hard to turn it down

I didn’t recalibrate after I put the SVS feet’s on, and I couldn’t tell any difference with or without the new feet’s, but then again mine was sitting on fairly deep carpets, so I think it was getting decent amount of isolation already. I only had the original feet on for less than a day before I swapped them out so I’m not sure I got to know the sub well enough to tell the the before and after difference. Only reason I got the feet was because I didn’t like how the sub was sitting an inch or so buried in the carpet, I just wanted to make sure the front grill was raised off the floor.

Wasn’t happy paying £65 for them in all honesty...but I’m sure they will perform better than the standard feets on hard wood.

Yeah I think because I’ve got it on flooring it’s tamed the bass down quite a lot. Whereas with yours being on carpet it’s probably fine already taking most of the vibrations out.

My mates dual sb2000s came with 2 sets of feet in with the price he has hollow floors with bare floorboards they definitely seemed to stop the boom. But i do believe at that price they should come aa standard. But he had such a bargin it was hard to turn it down

I wonder if I’m losing the bass from the sub or just the stuff that shouldn’t be there anyway, the boom. Although it didn’t sound boomy still pretty clean/tight bass.

His was hard wrk to get where we wanted it but my god they sound freat now. Ready player one is my favourite test in the race. Just sounds and feels amazing

His was hard wrk to get where we wanted it but my god they sound freat now. Ready player one is my favourite test in the race. Just sounds and feels amazing

Interested to know what was the cause and what tweaks were made to get it to where it now sounds amazing?

I am enjoying mine by the way, with DEQ on its got some kick at low volumes, helps during the late night sessions of Call of Duty!

Last edited:
We went through a online chat with the guy he got them from. Setting the subs up with audyssey then setting the audyssey app so it only controlled from 500 hz turned of midrange compression then re ran and checked with a spl to all read 75db then went into svs aop and set them 5 db higher and put in movie mode. On the denon app you can change from reference to flat to off i believe and we kept switching whilst running the same scene and stuck with reference. I hope i have explained this right grammer is not buy best subject sorry

Any joy with the apex yet

I called RS today and they checked with Monitor Audio on stock arrival again ETA is still end of March. AV online have the Apex 10's but no A40's and again same situation they said end of March.

No issue waiting, I've gone with RS. Just enjoying the new sub for the time being. I did download the Audyssey app for my amp, going to have a play around with the graphs and start learning how to tweak. I also started playing with the SVS app, theres some tweaks on there too..

What I would really like is to have a bass boosted profile for night time viewing, similar to what DEQ does, I think it’s brilliant for gaming but I’m not that fond of DEQ for movies as it can be a bit hit and miss with the way it EQ’s dialogue, so I need to have a play with the profiles on the SVS app and see if I can tweak a custom profile to achieve that. For normal movie viewing (moderate to loud) I don’t use DEQ.

If anyone can suggest something that would be great.

Perhaps one of the modes in the svs app or denon app might work. How are you finding the sub is it what you expected?

Perhaps one of the modes in the svs app or denon app might work. How are you finding the sub is it what you expected?

oh yes the sub is definitely awesome and it’s got plenty of power and low grunt, and I’m satisfied completely with it.

it’s definitely made me want to upgrade to more capable speakers which I previously did not have the yearning for. Also previously I didn’t really hear the low grunts on my x301 (wasn’t capable) and now that I do with the sb2000 pro, I really do enjoy the bass coming out of it and just want to listen to it more and more.

@Gasp3621 was definitely right saying that my current speakers were questionable and I can see and hear that now with the upgraded sub at high volumes. The sub can be pushed hard and it’s still got more to give, whilst the speakers are starting to struggle.

Brilliant glad your happy im sure the apex will make a big difference

I called RS today and they checked with Monitor Audio on stock arrival again ETA is still end of March. AV online have the Apex 10's but no A40's and again same situation they said end of March.

No issue waiting, I've gone with RS. Just enjoying the new sub for the time being. I did download the Audyssey app for my amp, going to have a play around with the graphs and start learning how to tweak. I also started playing with the SVS app, theres some tweaks on there too..

You need to run your Audussey setup through the app, but do this after you get the new speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom