Advice needed on subwoofer upgrade sb1000 or sb2000 pro to go with Min22's

Zigourney

I still haven’t put up the rear surrounds as I have been busy with other stuff, but did re-run calibration and audyssey brought back 40hz for both the apex front and centre, which was surprising as specs are if I recall 50hz to 35khz for the a40 and 60hz to 35khz for the a10. Is this a result of boundary gain? How is boundary gain able to produce 40hz when the speakers are rated from 50hz/60hz?

I did manually adjust the crossover for the fronts and centre to 80hz and after the calibration the overall sound is amazing, very detailed, clear sound. The bass from the sb2000 is deep and tight, the dialogue and mids are nice and clean and there’s a nice sparkle at the very top end. Can’t wait to get the rear surrounds up, still using the min22’s for rear surrounds at the moment.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I still haven’t put up the rear surrounds as I have been busy with other stuff, but did re-run calibration and audyssey brought back 40hz for both the apex front and centre, which was surprising as specs are if I recall 50hz to 35khz for the a40 and 60hz to 35khz for the a10. Is this a result of boundary gain? How is boundary gain able to produce 40hz when the speakers are rated from 50hz/60hz?

I did manually adjust the crossover for the fronts and centre to 80hz and after the calibration the overall sound is amazing, very detailed, clear sound. The bass from the sb2000 is deep and tight, the dialogue and mids are nice and clean and there’s a nice sparkle at the very top end. Can’t wait to get the rear surrounds up, still using the min22’s for rear surrounds at the moment.

Yes in-room response can be different when close to walls. Just like with subwoofers if you watch the -3db specs you often get bit deeper extension in-room, so i wouldn´t get too hung up on specs alone. But the main thing is you upped the figures and it all sounds good. Money well spent! :smashin:

Hopefully @martin 39 can try those settings aswell assuming Audussey comes up with 80hz or lower (40hz or 60hz) after the setup. You can always raise higher what you get after setup, but it´s not recommended to lower from those figures.

martin 39

Only just got round to a couple of clips today. I got knocked out buy my jab. I tried ready player one and war of the worlds. I try to listen at around 18 to 19 on the denon but as always i get bloody turn it down

Zigourney

had some time over the bank holiday weekend and have finally put up the A10 surround speakers, re-ran calibration and now it all sounds amazing, really pleased with the upgrade.

If you notice, I mounted the speakers upside down, I found in the upside down orientation the speaker sits closer almost flush to the wall so it doesnt stick out as much when angled down, also the tweeter is lower now and closer to ear level too and with the slight toe in and pointed at the centre of the sofa it all worked out nicely. I did ring MA technical and spoke to Dan before I installed the speakers upside down to confirm if the bracket would be ok to take the weight in that orientation and Dan confirmed the speakers could be mounted in any orientation, wall, ceiling, upside down, horizontal (if using as a centre).

DA35CBC6-EAC1-4EA1-A14F-C1FB2DF49D78.jpeg

F1D8DCB3-75EB-4223-BD6F-A07709ED73BA.jpeg

5EB6CDE6-5EF4-4BE4-BF7E-5E568F873DC6.jpeg
D3B0D173-4E90-4C4D-8CFC-1AED18E8B76D.jpeg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom