1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on retrieving S-VHS-C footage

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by pgayler, Jan 3, 2005.

1. pgayler

pgayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 30 S-VHS-C home movie tapes (approx 45 minutes each) that i want to transfer onto DVD through my dvd-recorder.

My Panasonic NV-S77 S-VHS-C Camcorder doesn't work anymore, apparently a head problem. I have previously looked at getting the camcorder repaired but they estimated over £400 since it has 4 heads.

The movies i have recorded on VHS-C i can copy onto dvd using the Cassette adapter that i put in my standard VHS Player, but it won't play my S-VHS-C tapes, even though the adapter says S-VHS ??

I don't want to send the tapes away since that will cost a fortune.

If i purchase a S-VHS Video player will i be able to put the S-VHS-C tapes in the cassette adapter and be able to play them ? If so any advice on which one i should buy and where from, as cheap as possible, since only need to recover these tapes.

Or any advice on getting a cheap S-VHS-C camcorder, bit of a waste though since i already have a digital camcorder, but if its cheap enough it would be worth it to get the footage off.

Are their any cheap S-VHS-C Camcorder hire places ?, i'm sure i could get them all done in a weekend.

Or is there any other way (cheap) that i can get the footage off, maybe laptop route ?

Sorry to ramble, and help would be most appreciated.

2. Origin

Origin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    £67.99 is the cheapest I have found for an S-VHS VCR. This and a few others can be found Here

Mark.

4. pgayler

pgayler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help, looks like the SVHS Video recorder route will work and be the cheapest, unfortunately the cheapest few are out of stock at Hughes