Advice needed on recording from SPDIF input

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a SonicFury (using Turtle Beach driver) that has a SPDIF input on the card - described in the manual as used to connect to the digital out of a CD drive.

I want to record digitally the electrical SPDIF output of a DAB radio (Arcam 10). I can see I need to make up a lead to link Phono socket to 2 pin Molex plug. But I'm confused as to what software will capture the digital input on the SonicFury and write the WAV file to disk.

Any ideas?

Also, can the SonicFury do the 48Khz to 44.1Khz down sampling to make the WAV file suitable for a Red Book standard music CD or will I have to use CoolEdit?

I'm not sure about the sonic fury, but with the soundblaster you just select the "digital in" as the record source in windows mixer, and off you go! If the fury's dig-in port shows up like this in the mixer, you can record using any windows wave software (sndrec, cooledit, e.t.c.).

Again speaking from the SB point of view it has a fixed rate of 48khz for digital sampling, so selecting any other rate in the record application results in real-time up/down sampling to 48khz. Since it's likely the DAB output is 48khz anyway(?) use the fury to record at this rate, then convert down to 44khz as you said.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom