Advice needed on new player/recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cookie666, Sep 10, 2012.

1. cookie666

cookie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've posted this in another forum but had zilch back thought I'd try this one

My LG - DRT389H Digital TV DVD Recorder with USB 2.0 Interface has broken and I need to get a replacement it plays R1 discs so will need one that can do that job too

My question is this can I buy a Blu Ray player that has DVD/RW capabilties do such things exist?

Or should I look at buying seperate units?

2. cookie666

cookie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I posting in the wrong forum?

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,018
    The critical point here is whether you mean strictly 'player'.

All Bluray drives are backwards compatible with DVD.... so, all Bluray players will also play DVD's.

Also - all units that have Bluray recordable drives can also record DVD's

but if you actually do mean you are looking for something that will play Blurays but record DVD's, I think you are out of luck.

There are hybrids available that have a Bluray drive that will play Blurays and DVD's... but record off air to a hard disc ... if that may be of any use.

If you are looking for proper Bluray/ DVD recorders have a look at this sticky thread which explains about their general use.