1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on new 32" TV! :(

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by k0rcha, Nov 3, 2003.

1. k0rcha

k0rcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Ive been reading this board for a few hours now and you guys seem to know what you are talking about :) I was wondering if someone could help me make a tough decision.

Im looking to buy a 32" TV for under 600 quid and i have found 3 that i think look quite classy...

Toshiba 32z33
    JVC (*Cant remember!* damn my memory) 32" 50 hz nicam one anyway.
    and finally a philips 32PW6517C

All 3 are around the same price but i dont know much about them except for the reviews. Also I have read on these forums that you guys dont take reviews too seriously and Having gone through what I just did, I agree. I had a Panasonic TX28 PS12 (well 4 of them actually) and its been nothing but bother. So I am hoping someone can advise me on which is the one that is least likely to have to be sent back! (obviously which is the best picture would be nice also :p ).

Any help would be awesome,
    Cheers,

Chris.

2. k0rcha

k0rcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hear the Philips suffers from "black lines" and the Toshiba from poor geometry... Could someone with one of these TV's tell me how serious these problems are? please ? :(

I had to send 4 Panasonic TX28PS12's back because of the geometry being so poor so I'd rather not have that problem again.

Thanks for any replies,

Chris

3. k0rcha

k0rcha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll settle for someone telling me whether the Toshiba 32z33 has composite video input? lol I'm getting desperate now.

I was hoping to order tomorrow and all 3 seem quite good so ill just pick one at random.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

*its ok ive found out it does now, just no s-video. I wont bother you any more*