1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on mid-range dv cams - HELP!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mattconfused, Jul 16, 2002.

1. mattconfused

mattconfused

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,

i'm not sure whether to buy a panasonic gs5, sony pc8 or sony trv25. i've read that picture quality is slightly lower on the panasonic, but the features are better i think and the price a bit lower which is always nice!

i would really appreciate some impartial advice on mid-range dv cams such as the ones i'm currently looking at - which is the best and why??????

reviews of the gs5 and pc8 in what camcorder have only confused me more, because pic quality, resolution etc are better on the pc8 but the gs5 has better features (ie. memory stick)! is the trv25 the best compromise or should i look at other manufacturers?

also i have NO idea about extra batteries, how much should i pay and where is a good place to buy them cheap?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

matt

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you can, try both cameras yourself at a dealer.
    I doubt you will feel the Panasonic NV-GS5B has inferior picture quality.
    They are both excellent cameras, I would buy the Panny, it's what you like that counts.