Advice needed on making speaker wire to run in walls

JohnBeeBee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My house is currently going through some renovation work and I'm taking the opportunity to buy a surround sound system and bury the speaker cables into the walls and take them under the existing suspended floor which is being taken up to have under floor heating installed.

So is there any advice anyone can give me that I should take into acocunt in doing this. Anything from creating reasonably priced speaker wires to whether or not I should use wires with particular properties to bury in walls, or whether they should be just buried in the plaster or in a conduit, etc, etc.

All help appreciated.

Anything from creating reasonably priced speaker wires to whether or not I should use wires with particular properties to bury in walls, or whether they should be just buried in the plaster or in a conduit, etc, etc.

Hi JohnBeeBee.

I would always recommend using oval pipe or flat capping to protect your cables unless your walls are being dot and dab'd, other wise they could easily be damaged by a plasterers trowel.

As for speaker cable you can pick up rolls of 2.5 mm on ebay that won't break the bank..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom