1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on Ceiling mouting a AE500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dapex, Mar 26, 2004.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Right, you lot have been great and you have helped me out no end. I am now down to deciding if the ae500 or the Z2 should get my cash ( I cant see either in use locally) and then the question of how to mount the PJ.

If I go the Ae500 route (which seems the most likliey) then i will ceiling mount to make sure there is plenty of room for ventilation at the rear. I am planning on buying a 16:9 manual screen from DRH and I just want to confrim the mounting height of the PJ.

According to DRH website, the case is 6cm tall and the top border is 45cm. If i plan on the top of the AE500 being 51cm from the screen, will this give me the correct position so that i do not have to use keystone, I have seen bits from the manual but to be honest I keep getitng lost on the maths. I would like to have the PJ nearer the ceiling if possible.....

Cheers

Dave

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,115
    So I guess you've been put off shelf mounting ;)
    You won't be far off using the above and personally I wouldn't worry too much about using keystone, my PJ is spot on to the screen however I have played around with Keystone just to see what effect it has and to be honest it isn't/wouldn't be an issue for me :)

3. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Zone, yea to be honest the thought of having a shelf deep enough for the PJ and to then give it loads of ventilation made me think twice. The wife doesn't mind it ceiling mounted and so I am going to see just how bad it looks when the 51 cm is measured from the ceiling...

I will try and get my head around the figures but i just needed some clarification.

Cheers