Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

ADVICE NEEDED ON AVR-200 POWER HYPE & DVD

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bu Bear, May 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bu Bear

Bu Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be very grateful for any advice on how to upgrade my ARCAM AVR200 and whether a DV89 is a worthwhile investment (offerred at approx £825).

I really like the AVR200 but I have to run it near full volume to get any oomph out of my speakers KEF CODA 90's (I will invest in B&W's soon). As I understand it getting a P90 will not increase volume but give the sound more depth and clarity when bi-wiring the speakers. Any suggestions on what I could do to increase the output.

On the DVD front I'm looking for an ARCAM DVD player and have found some DV89's being offered at £825. Is it worth it or should I wait until the next generation (Blueray/HDDVD) comes along.

Thanks

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    The AV8 and P7 would give you a lot more volume. ;)

As for the DV89, £825 is too much. I would expect to pay about £600 for one of those.

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Have you turned up the separate channel volume levels in the setup menus? Or do you just like to pile drive?:)