Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Advice needed on 32" Shortlist

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Jagsta, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spent the last month trying to decide on the right set for me, i know what I need - must be 32" Widescreen 100Hz...

priorities are:
    a) Picture quality
    b) connectivity
    c) features
    d) interface

Shortlisted SonyFX66,Philips9527 and Tosh32ZD26, I have seen the Loewe Aventos 3981ZW at a store, but it isn't possible for me to do a direct comparison with the others. The picture seemed very nice and it had the connectivity and features I need.

I've seen 2 reviews of the Aventos, one was very favourable, the other (in one of this months magazines, I cant remember which) didn't rate it highly at all, so i'm confused. Also, the Vitros is available at a similar(ish) price, so that is a possibility. I can't find a recent review though.

After all that background, I guess what i'm asking is whether people agree that one of the Loewe TVs would be the right choice based on my criteria, and which one of the Loewes you'd recommend.

Feel free to correct me if you think i'm wrong, i'm open to suggestions, hence the post!

2. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a good look around John Lewis` today as they have a good
    selection of TV`s with good quality feeds.
    I must admit the loewe televisions did stand out for design and picture quality.
    I found sony,toshiba,jvc and panasonic 100hz tvs all looked like they were playing back mpegs. They had hard edges and ghosting and skin tones looked patchy.
    The loewe on the other hand looked crisp and sharp.
    I think i`m going for the loewe 32 aventos.

3. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick follow up to this - I finally decided on a Loewe Vitros 3981ZW (32" Widescreen) which was delivered on Friday. I'm extremely pleased with the results, the picture is a pleasure to watch with vibrant colour and a natural look to the picture that i haven't seen on the other units I looked at. The worst offender was the Phillips however, with a horribly processed look to it.

The Sonys had a good quality image as well if I remember rightly, but in the end the problems apparent with both Sony and Phillips put me off.

Jag

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Ive just ordered the jvc with DIST technology and it should be a good one. They had it side by side in the shop with the philips pixel plus and played durasic park. The picture was better on the jvc (more detail)

the good point is that it got a bad review from what video (that has to count for something right?

5. EpoA

EpoA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jasgsta

How are you finding the Loewe now? Im thinking of getting a Sony KV28LS60 ... but reconsidering for a Loewe instead?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!