1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on 28inch widescreen please!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by grahamcutter, Oct 11, 2004.

1. grahamcutter

grahamcutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! I am considering buying a widescreen flat television but I know next to nothing about them! I need to replace my 20inch Nokia television (yes that's how in need of a new television I am!). The only problem is my budget... around £350. I have found two sets online: Sony - KV28HX15 and JVC AV-28R4 but know nothing about them! I was hoping someone could give me advice. Alternatively can any recommend a good television for around this price (how it looks is also quite important!)? I only need it for watching television and DVDs so sound quality is important but not graphics for video games. I hope someone can give some much needed advice as the choice is giving me a major headache! Many thanks! :lease:

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I would go for the Sony, Sony get it right 9/10 and it's a smart looking set. Flat screen and twin Scarts for DVD and/or Freeview box so for the price not bad. Don't forget delivery on top of price as it can be a chunk of cash. :thumbsup:

3. timbo_bobcat

timbo_bobcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony KV28HX15 and it's great. No issues with it at all, looks fantastic, nice sound etc.

And none of the problems with 100Hz picture processing!

4. fozzy73

fozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sony does win hands down the set is very good if you want a basic tv with a good build quality. jvc is going downhill anbd if you want a set that is prone to tilted pictures and colour poatches go and waste your hard earned cash but i would say go for sony