• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice needed - looking for 40 - 42 inch television

pete4355

Standard Member
Hi

Just looking for advice as we are looking for a new television, a 40-42 inch, we have sky (no HD channels), and a large collection of DVDs, we love watching sport and movies, and are budget would be in around £500. we have no interest in internet on tv or 3d or even gaming.

We have a Sony home cinema system at the moment and would be looking to get a bluray player down the line, but would look for a television that would be best with standard sky and watching dvds.

Any help / suggestions would be great, the choice is mind blowing with all the models and makes so a starting point / narrowing of options /what we should be looking out for would be appreciated!

pete4355

Standard Member
I have only started my search, I am confused by the amount of choice and stuff like refresh rates and wanted to narrow my search / have a better idea of what suits my search criterea

vickster

Distinguished Member
If you like sport, either plasma as Scooby suggests or an LCD with some sort of motion processing

I keep posting links to this - no experience but looks great value for the spec.

LG 42LS570T Full HD 42" LED TV at cheap prices | Pcworld

JL have for £600, but request a match against PC World (probably the same price as Currys but their site appears fooked again)

Any plasma will be HD ready for that budget. Have a visit to Richer Sounds to see lots of options (as well as Currys if you must :D)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom