Advice needed - long term gaming PC project

cunnas

You'll get the hang of it on PC, feel free to add me on Origin/BFV (ostewart93) it's my most played game by far.
Just sent a friends request

Had a few games on Warzone last night, can't remember the game type name but its the large squad battle - really enjoyed it and starting to get used to the KB/M combo - think I need a decent kb though as I just have a cheapy MS wireless one right now

ostewart

Just sent a friends request

Had a few games on Warzone last night, can't remember the game type name but its the large squad battle - really enjoyed it and starting to get used to the KB/M combo - think I need a decent kb though as I just have a cheapy MS wireless one right now
I mainly play conquest when playing online multiplayer.

Forza is definitely better with an xbox controller though, I use the xbox controller for racing sims, and mouse and keyboard for everything else.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
think I need a decent kb though as I just have a cheapy MS wireless one right now
I've never noticed any difference between keyboards for gaming, whether they're cheap or expensive.

Mine have all been standard USB though, the battery powered ones never appealed.

ostewart

I've never noticed any difference between keyboards for gaming, whether they're cheap or expensive.

Mine have all been standard USB though, the battery powered ones never appealed.
See I love the feel of a good quality keyboard, I've got a cheap slim one and a ducky one2 mini, the ducky is so much nicer to type on.

Playing games I doubt it makes much difference in my reaction times, but it feels better under my finger tips thus it's more enjoyable.

I normally like blue clicky switches but the ducky uses red silents, and they are great at they are quiet and don't disturb the other half too much when working from home. I think I'm a linear convert now 😂

My advice is go to game or somewhere that allows you to have a feel of what the different switches are like on mechanical keyboard.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
See I love the feel of a good quality keyboard, I've got a cheap slim one and a ducky one2 mini, the ducky is so much nicer to type on.
For typing I'd fully agree. My main keyboard is one of the ones Strong Man made before they went bust, the ones with the really loud alps-style switches (which have quietened down quite a bit over the years).

I've just never found key feedback to be useful or noticeable in games. I suspect any game that requires that sort of pace also requires far too much concentration for me to feel the keyboard.

I normally like blue clicky switches but the ducky uses red silents, and they are great at they are quiet and don't disturb the other half too much when working from home. I think I'm a linear convert now 😂
I tried them for a few months on a Raptor-Gaming K1 (tricked out G80-3000), but never got along with them. If I want something silent I'd much rather have a top notch rubber dome keyboard (Topre etc.) as they've a much nicer feel.