1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed - keen to buy soon!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Flagpole, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Flagpole

Flagpole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a budget of about £1,100 - £1,200 max for a receiver and speakers...

Speakers wise, I have listened to the Bose AM6 and am about to listen to the infamous Kef Eggs. Are there any other speakers in this price range that are any better?? (I will be using them about 90% for movies and 10% for audio so movies is key for me).

Receiver wise, the Yamaha RXV640RDS really impressed me. Again, is there anything that is better in this price range that I should look at??

I am keen to get all this sorted ASAP so any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

2. SSB

SSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    You might give the B&W speaker range a twirl ... VM1s are in the right bracket, but you'd need a sub. They're pretty good for music and movies.

As for the receiver, the Yamaha range is pretty solid. The 640 RDS is now obsolete, having been replaced by the 650 RDS. If the spec of the 640 is OK for you, look for a bargain price on it.

:)

3. Flagpole

Flagpole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks SSB... Unless anything comes up receiver wise, I'm pretty sure I will go for the Yam 650RDS. There is a good deal on http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/HCS_YAM650_KHT2005.htm for £1049 for that and the Eggs which I am very tempted with.

Unless anyone has any other ideas???