Advice needed for upgrade

Langers1981

Novice Member
So I have been the owner of the LG B6 and current owner of C8 Oled. Both tv’s have after 18months of usage developed a banding issue. The latest as you can see below, I need to replace my C8 now and I’m concerned this may occur again. The picture is fantastic but am aware there are some fantastic models out at moment. Looking at 65” models but am unsure now whether to go the OLED route due to the past issues. What would everyone’s recommendation be - stick with OLED maybe go with Sony or maybe go down the mini led route with a Samsung? Maybe even LG again with the C1?

Attachments

• 0FA1EDBC-3257-4C99-A87C-280357171BA1.jpeg
    0FA1EDBC-3257-4C99-A87C-280357171BA1.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 23

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Well I’ve got the C1 after a Q7F and I’m blown away with the quality , not sure that helps you though 🤣🤣🤣

Dodgexander

Banding is usually a term used to describe colour banding. Do you mean the screen uniformity has gotten worse over time?

What's your usage like? Is there particularly bad uniformity in areas where graphics are commonly used on the TV - for example; news channels?

Probably (if it is uniformity issues) you're usage is just not suited to OLED and you should go for an LCD TV instead.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom