• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice needed for planned Arcam upgrade path

rousetafarian

Hi,

I am fairly new to the whole AV arena and over the past 18 months have compiled what I think is a perfectly 'reasonable quality' HC set up.

When planning this 1st venture I went for style over substance and chose a Solo Movie & Kef 3005SE's, this placated SWMBO as it was supposed to be as innocuous as possible.

The Solo Movie is outstanding on the video front, connected to a 52" Samsung LCD but as a one-box solution is slightly lacking (which is to be expected) in combined audio & video performance.

So my question is, where do I go from here? Space isn't really an issue, but I would like an upgradeable path from separates. Mainly Blu-Ray and CD/DVD sources.

I know the question is a little fluffy, but with a 3k budget in mind where do I go next in the Arcam world?

Thanks in advance guys

Chris:smashin:

Cocksure

Well my advice would be get a AVR 600 and later when you have more money, add better speakers etc in stages, as the AV unit will nearly always be one of your biggest outlays.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom