• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Advice needed for high-end soundbar

TheCableGuy96

Established Member
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a soundbar that supports the following:

HDCP 2.2 passthrough on all HDMI inputs
HDR passthrough on all inputs
DTS:X, Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos
eARC
Preferably no rear speakers but not essential

Is there anything on the market that ticks all the boxes?

Thanks.

Aryn86

Prominent Member
The upcoming Q80r soundbar from Samsung (not to be confused with the TV of the same name) ticks all those boxes from what I know ie it can do DTS:X, DTS MasterAudio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD and it reportedly has eArc. While I'm not 100% sure I do think all the HDMI ports will be capable of passing through HDR and being HDCP 2.2 compliant as well.

The Q80 will not have any rear speakers but there will be a version that does have them (The Q90r) I think it's the full package in terms of what you're looking for and should be available in the next month or two.

Last edited:

TheCableGuy96

Established Member
The upcoming Q80r soundbar from Samsung (not to be confused with the TV of the same name) ticks all those boxes from what I know ie it can do DTS:X, DTS MasterAudio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD and it reportedly has eArc. While I'm not 100% sure I do think all the HDMI ports will be capable of passing through HDR and being HDCP 2.2 compliant as well.

The Q80 will not have any rear speakers but there will be a version that does have them (The Q90r) I think it's the full package in terms of what you're looking for and should be available in the next month or two.

When are these due out pal?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
With eARC you will want a TV which is also eARC compliant and more than likely connect your Source devices to the TV rather than the Soundbar.

To make Surround and Immersive audio work the room is a key factor - no matter what the Soundbar 'supports'.

Joe

TheCableGuy96

Established Member
Hi Joe,

I've now gone down the route of a true 5.1.2 surround system. Managed to finish installing it last night and it's so amazing to listen to. I've got the Denon AVR-X2500H, Gallo MICRO SE speakers (x7) with 2 on the ceiling for atmos and skme good chord speaker wire.

The eARC I don't need because of the HDFury Maestro I purchased.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Micro's are a great option - I have a house full of Gallo loudspeakers.

Joe

PS We are awaiting our Maestro stock.

TheCableGuy96

Established Member
No offence but good job I went direct then or I'd still be waiting. It's proved to be a very valuable piece of kit and probably saved me at least the £1k it's cost me in buying an AMP that supports the passthrough of everything I need. Plus I'd never have envisioned I'd of had a decent setup in the bedroom which I do now with the LG 55EG920V and the Yamaha 5600 Soundbar and being able to stream the 4K Blu-rays and sky Q from the main box downstairs. Love it!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'No offence but good job I went direct then or I'd still be waiting' - none taken, unfortunately I cannot control when a supplier decides to ship stock to Dealers.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom