So are you saying that the tv picture quality will not look blurry when running a 1080p game?
Am not so detailed about how this upscaling process works.
I explained in my last post, video is subject to a lot of compression, some videos are worse than others but no video is going to be as high quality as the output from a game running at 1080p.

Will it be as sharp as it is on a native 1080p display? Well no, for every 1 pixel of 1080p, 3 have to be created for UHD. But I can tell you there's a big difference in sharpness between a high quality 1080p source and a low quality one and there's lots of HD YouTube videos that aren't fantastic quality.

This is something you have to get used to with an UHD TV, it was the same when I first moved over. It was surprising to notice a softer picture with poorer quality sources. Broadcast HD TV is what disappointed me the most.

1572474370767.png

As you can see there's a big difference in size from 1080p to UHD. This difference is far more major than it was say 720p to 1080p.

Wow the difference is really massive, I guess I will have to get used to it then. However, when I get to test the ps4slim(1080p) on it, I will give you a feedback of my results. Though I am aiming to get the ps4pro.
Thanks for the info, you have been really helpful. Thanks.

Well from my observations running games on 1080p on lguk6400 is a really bad idea. Just stick with the 4k gaming.

Well from my observations running games on 1080p on lguk6400 is a really bad idea. Just stick with the 4k gaming.
Or any UHD TV. Playing at a non-native resolution is never ideal and generally 1080p does pretty well on 4k TVs compared to say, 720p.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom