Advice needed - do I buy Panasonic 32 inch LCD?

B

Brighton 23

I am about to go and buy my first LCD TV, and would like any feedback from users about the Panasonic 32LXLMD 70, and should I buy this or the Toshiba 32 C3030D or the LG 32 inch LCD?

nitro23456

Banned
go panasonic. I would advise the lxd70 if the budget can stretch to £590ish but the md70 is nearly as good but without 100hz.

Toshiba use panasonic panels, after panasonic has creamed off the best ones of course!

LG, to me seem to be lacking at this current time although a few years ago they started off strong. Maybe they will be back with the next generation.

lostbok

go panasonic. I would advise the lxd70 if the budget can stretch to £590ish but the md70 is nearly as good but without 100hz.

Toshiba use panasonic panels, after panasonic has creamed of the best ones of course!

LG, to me seem to be lacking at this current time although a few years ago they started off strong. Maybe they will be back with the next generation.

Wot 'e said and again....

Definitely worth trying for the 100Hz LXD70 if you can - it's probably the best value screen out there: it's comfortably in the very top end of the market on performance and features... but with a more mid-range price.

Save your money and don't bother looking at the LXD700... same screen, identical picture quality and processing, just with a few extra features (extra HDMI, SD card and extra sound).

pebbles126

Standard Member
I would highly recommend the LXD70.....bought mine 2 weeks ago and its brilliant! The SD picture is excellent, much better than I expected. I used the old scart from my old CRT tv and the picture was good but today I changed it for a better quality scart and now its superb!

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
After a lot of research I just bought a LXD700 for my mum but it's not here yet. It does seem from what I've been reading that PQ is the same on the LXD70 but she was more worried about the look of it rather than the PQ!

If you're ready to buy now take a look at the AV bargains forum for a 10% off Empire Direct code. Despite what some people have posted it does work if keep trying!

lostbok

D'oh! I didn't realise there was 10% off from ED!!

Timmy - LXD700 is identical PQ to the LXD70 (both are very good indeed!), so if the styling is more to her taste, then you're onto a winner: sound is definitely better and you have a few extra features to boot (extra HDMI, SD card reader).... only downside is that you don't get a lot extra in the way of TV for what is usually quite a bit of extra cash (most people in here will have some form of external sound, so they will judge the screen mostly on it's PQ, and less so on sound).

If you're happy with the price, then that is a great TV to go for: Group test winner in the "October'07 What Hi Fi?".

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom