Advice needed - bookshelf speakers + amp for open plan room

Here are the comparisons :

375 x 230 x 300 mm - MA

Height: 345mm
Width: 190mm
Depth: 300mm

so the 606s are a little smaller except for depth.

Here are the comparisons :

375 x 230 x 300 mm - MA

Height: 345mm
Width: 190mm
Depth: 300mm

so the 606s are a little smaller except for depth.
Do you think this actually makes any visible difference in the room?

I wondered if it was just enough to swing it.

The Silver speakers dimensions are 33 mm depth, 23 mm wide.

So most stands are 15 mm wide, 18-20 mm depth. Because the of the depth of the speakers it might be a problem, still with Blue-Tech you should be fine.

They are of of course 37 mm in height. But they weigh 9 kg each.

The STA 24 weights 7 kg-9 kg each. With Atacama sand filler/play sand perhaps as much as 20 kg each.

I believe even if most stands are the dimensions I am mentioning you’ll be fine.

But I agree with you the Silver 100 are monster!
Any other speakers you'd recommend which aren't a monster? What do you think about the B&W 606? They are smaller, not a lot but it might be enough.

Alternatively, I could look at something like the MA Silver 50's

Do you think this actually makes any visible difference in the room?

I wondered if it was just enough to swing it.
In the scheme of how our better halves judge speakers from a non-technical point of view….probably not. You’d have to go for something like my other set, the Concept 20s. I’ve also heard that the Dali Menuet is a very fine speaker and quite small with it.

……measurements as follows: 25 x 15 x 23 (cm).

In the scheme of how our better halves judge speakers from a non-technical point of view….probably not. You’d have to go for something like my other set, the Concept 20s. I’ve also heard that the Dali Menuet is a very fine speaker and quite small with it.

They look lovely but also eye-watering expensive!

Any thoughts on a speaker like the MA Silver 50s? I am quite sure that size would get approval but I just can't tell if I am compromising too much on SQ for it.

If I am not wrong it’s quite large open plan. Gan you give it in meters?

If I am not wrong it’s quite large open plan. Gan you give it in meters?
It's 39sqm. Below is the floor plan.

The TV is on the right wall (opposite side to the floorplan) and the sofa is in the middle of the space facing it.

We currently use a Sonos One in the room so anything will be a step up at least :D

1630741003915.png

Cant you just tuck away the Silver, turn on the sound. Then dance with your better half.

At listen listen to them first, before you judge them.

It is so difficult for us to say “buy these speakers”...

I believe you should go to your dealer, talk to them which speakers suits me. Borrow some, then decide.

Cant you just tuck away the Silver, turn on the sound. Then dance with your better half.

At listen listen to them first, before you judge them.

It is so difficult for us to say “buy these speakers”...

I believe you should go to your dealer, talk to them which speakers suits me. Borrow some, then decide.
Sounds like a good plan.

The Silver 100s are quite impossible to tuck away 🤣🤣

How about the new Silver 100 in rosewood color?

;)How would that help!?

Rosewood isn't for me...
Were thinking of your better half. Girls like either white, rosewood speakers.

The only speakers I can think of which is very, very small is the Tannoy Autograph Mini, expensive but might be worth it.

Perhaps they could be something for you and your girlfriend.

I’ve owned them. They are super bright because they use titanium treble, no bass at all, so you need to use subwoofer, subwoofers.

But they are gorgeous looking.

Or maybe Sonus Faber Sonnetto 1 or Sonnetto 2.

Perhaps check the dimensions of the speakers, speaker stands next time ;)

Were thinking of your better half. Girls like either white, rosewood speakers.

The only speakers I can think of which is very, very small is the Tannoy Autograph Mini, expensive but might be worth it.

Perhaps they could be something for you and your girlfriend.

I’ve owned them. They are super bright because they use titanium treble, no bass at all, so you need to use subwoofer, subwoofers.

But they are gorgeous looking.

Or maybe Sonus Faber Sonnetto 1 or Sonnetto 2.

Perhaps check the dimensions of the speakers, speaker stands next time ;)
I've ordered a pair of MA Silver 50s from my local store to audition at home and compare to the Silver 100s. At least I can test the size: quality component this way.

I was tempted by Satin White in the Silver 50s. Can't decide if that's more stylish or not than the black oak.

Speaking of speakers... There are so many alternatives Elac, Focal, Triangle, Polk. Focal.

Triangle, Focal usually sound quite bright but nowhere the Tannoy speakers I mentioned in the last post.

Google speakers, and maybe you’ll find something you like. Shops should have 30 days return right, if you blind.

I believe that is the right way to go.

Then you can compare them side by side.👍

Google speakers, and maybe you’ll find something you like. Shops should have 30 days return right, if you blind.
Good idea, but you either need a lot of money or a credit card to do that. Plus a lot of shops will either charge you a restock fee or return postage on any returned items.

Okey, I can take joke on my behalf.

Sarcasm is always fun .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom