Advice needed and lots of it.

Dobes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and I'm after some advice as to which kind of speakers would be best for my listening habits. They are to go in a living room approx 15feet x 12feet with a quite low ceiling. I mostly use a Bluetooth speaker now (old Harmon Kardon Onyx) but would like to upgrade to a better sound, active speakers if possible not floor standing, and I don't really want to buy an amp as I have a lack of space, not too big in size. I have a budget of around £350. I've looked at reviews of the Ruark MR1 MK2 and they are quite appealing. Thanks for any info and guidance available.

I would google Dynaudio, Tannoy (can be very bright sounding) and other active speakers, if that’s the way you wanna go. Still for only 350 pounds I think you’d struggle a bit to get good active speakers. Perhaps raise the budget to twice, trice the amount. Then it depends on what formats you want. Bluetooth, Tidal, Spotify available to connect Nas drive etc. Sorry, this may not help you much. Either way I would try and borrow different active speakers and see which one you prefer.

Upvote 0
Thanks Helix, appreciate the comments, it's all good information that I need.
I know budget is pretty low, I may be able to increase it slightly.

Upvote 0
Perhaps the Tannoy Gold 8 may suit you.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom