• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice needed 32WLT66

T

turbo_c

I'm wondering whether I should go for the 32WLT66 - I know that there's plenty of threads about it but need some specific advice on the use of the vga input.

I recently bought an LG 32LC2DB - the picture quality for freeview was good and I was fairly happy. When using it with my PC over vga it was great - pic quality was excellent, although the blacks/whites could have been a little better. A little hard to distinguish between some of the top and low ends of the colour spectrum.

Anyway, I ended up returning the LG because it seem to suffer from intermittent problems where it would simply stop responding after switching between vga/freeview inputs every now and then.

I've been looking at the 32WLT66 threads and noticed that it doesn't do 1:1 pixel mapping at it's maximum supported resolution over vga. I wanted to get the opinion of people that are using it with a PC - since this is something that's fairly important to me.

I'm almost tempted to go back for the LG, but since I've heard so many good things about the 32WLT66, I'd really like to get some opinions to help me decide either way.

Thanks

turbo

jamo9000

Established Member
Hi,

I was deciding between this tv and the Samsung le32R7.

I looked at both in store and too wanted it mainly for Xbox 360 HD dvds and PC connection.

The Samsung Looks far superior when connected to my laptop as it supports 1366x768 input over VGA and also 1x1 pixel mapping.

I bought it online for 550 and can say after 3 weeks now I am very very pleased with it I also bought the nice black glass chrome stand for 65 pounds new they retail at 200 in comet and currys.

Standard freeview did need some tweaking but now I have it looking great.

Added bonus it just looks FANTASTIC best looking LCD and stand setup by far.

I would choose this one over the Tosh any day (especially if thinking of pc connection) - personal pref of course :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom