• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Advice - Help required

mark wharton

Standard Member
Hi all

I've just been given a Sony WMS-7 subwoofer with SAVE705 sattelite speakers (my previous kit died). Correct me if I'm wrong but the sattelites need connecting to an amp and the sub woofer direct to the TV?

Yes this probably IS a dumb question!

Cheers

JamesBaby

My understanding is that they will all need hooking to an amp. The speakers to the speaker outputs, and the sub to the amp's Subwoofer Pre-out.

The sub has an amplifier, but it needs the signal to amplify. Hence a sub cable to it from the amp. The amp will decode the sub info from the film etc and send it to the sub to reproduce.

I have downloaded the manual for you, so PM your email address and Ill email it you if you want.

:)

Last edited:

Dankeech

Hi Mark, you're probably not best off publicly putting your email address on the net these days, bound to get someone pic it up via searches with bots etc looking for addresses to pop pon their spam lists. Let me know if you want it removed. I'd recommend it.:lesson:

Regards,

Dan:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom