Advice from anyone with an Oculus AND SteamVR headset

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a quest. I also have a G2.
With my quest ED just works...... I select launch with steamVR but it works with native Oculus mode..
My quest is not plugged in.
I go to launch in steamVR mode and it still opens the Oculus software and doesn't open steam VR. The game is on my monitor screen and with no head tracking.

I can't be the only one with an Oculus headset and a steamVR one esp with a lot of us getting a G2. Please help.

Edit, this worked for me.

Last edited:
I always used a desktop shortcut to get around that problem with my CV1
OK I am surely being thick now but can you elaborate please?

a desktop shortcut to stop oculus software from opening, or you mean you create a batch file which opens steamVR and then runs the game after clicking, so you create 1 batch file for each of your games?

thanks

Have you tried launching it with Oculus Home instead? When you buy Elite Dangerous you get a Steam key, a Frontier key and an Oculus key.

I dont want to run from oculus home.... I will use revive when i have to but much prefer to use native where possible - its the opposite of being an oculus owner and not wanting to use steamvr wrapper :)

I have fixed it btw... in oculus settings force oculus software to have to run as admistrator then it wont run automatically, i have to manually run it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom