Advice for upgrade from Yamaha RX-V540 receiver?

robo989

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi there I've had this receiver now for about 3 years, its been bloody fantastic, used every single day cost about £250 or thereabouts....

Anyways, I've upgraded me speakers and stuff and am thinking about getting a new receiver.

I like the look of a big chunky one like the one I got, just after improved quality and abit more oomph ;)

Must have a minimum 100w per channel RMS etc, I got about £200-£450 to spend. Obviously dont want to just waste money, so if an amp costing twice the price is only a tiny bit better then the cheaper one would be preferred.

I'm also after something that isn't too "bright" for music, the RX-V540 is terrible for this and although this also makes it punchy (which i like). I don't like the cheapy brightness to the sound it has, also has the effect of reducing the mid-range.....(i think....)

Any advice would be great...

Will primarily be used for decoding DD5.1\DTS on DVDs\HD-DVD\Xbox 360 but would like something that can handle 2 channel audio music stuff well. Must have at least 6.1 outputs...

?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help :)

bumpy bumps

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom