Advice for UHD50 throw

melvynadam

Standard Member
I have an Optoma UHD50 and am happy with it.
Currently, it’s projecting onto a screen that is 246cm diagonal (199cm wide & 145cm tall), from a throw distance of 390cm.
The projector fills the screen exactly, but to prevent it bleeding over the edges: I’m at maximum physical ‘zoom’, digital zoom of -5, and ‘edge mask’ of 7.

I’m moving home. And am having a ceiling mount and in-ceiling pipes installed for the power and data lines to the projector. I want to get the placement right and I’m struggling. I’ll be keeping the same screen.

According to Optoma’s own calculator, I should be aiming for the ceiling mounted projector to be 317.5cm from the screen. But according to their fancy graphic on the marketing-type page, the projector can fill a 120” screen from 3.2m. My screen is significantly smaller than that (97” diagonal).

Can any of you good folk help me work out the ideal distance from the screen for my projector to be mounted on the ceiling?

Last edited:

3rdignis

The distance will be the same if you place the projector on the floor and display a square image.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom